01-14-08, 01:24 AM   #1
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So easy, so probably illegal, but so fun

I have a very simple notion for an addon.

1. When you have a breath bar, at all, begin playing the theme music from the underwater Sonic the Hedgehog world.
2. When the breath bar gets down to about 10 seconds, play the "about to run out of air" music from the same world, up to and including the bubbles sound effect when the timer runs out.
3. If the player does something that causes the breath bar to go back up, play the "gulp" noise that Sonic made when getting air.

I think this would greatly improve gameplay for all of us who played Sonic a lot.
01-17-08, 04:24 PM   #2
Thoradicus
A Murloc Raider
Go play Sonic the hedge hog if you like it so much
01-17-08, 05:05 PM   #3
Gnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The funny thing about this is that I'd probably be less likely to inadvertently drown; those old Sonic instincts die hard.

I think it's a fantastic idea.
01-17-08, 06:23 PM   #4
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Hardest thing would be getting the sound clips... and those would probably be illegal to use.

Otherwise, Soundtrack allows you assign custom music and sounds to events. I don't recall if it presented that many options for underwater, but probably worth a look.

01-17-08, 07:24 PM   #5
Gnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I may actually try my hand at doing that. This whole idea's put a bit of a bug in my head now.
01-17-08, 07:26 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Hardest thing would be getting the sound clips... and those would probably be illegal to use.

Otherwise, Soundtrack allows you assign custom music and sounds to events. I don't recall if it presented that many options for underwater, but probably worth a look.
Search YouTube ... there is drowning music on there. I too like the idea. Memories.
01-17-08, 07:27 PM   #7
Gnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Sepioth
Search YouTube ... there is drowning music on there. I too like the idea. Memories.
I'll just rip my own; I'd rather not rely on YouTube sound quality. Yes, I'm anal-retentive. If I'm gonna finally get an incentive to jump into LUA coding, I'm gonna do it right, by God.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » So easy, so probably illegal, but so fun