02-15-09, 03:46 PM   #1
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
WoW has made Valentines Day even worse.

I didn't think anyone could ruin a holiday any more than corporate America, but WoW has succeeded.

Thank you Blizz for taking a useless real life holiday and making the most frustrating in game experience I have ever had.

Love fool Meta Achievement officially suck.
02-15-09, 06:31 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Honestly the whole event kinda blows.

Extremely low drop rates on key items with a hour timer tossed in just to piss you off even more.

It took me 5 bags of candy to get all the ones I needed. The last one I needed took 3 bags.

I have 6 dresses all completely useless.

3 BoP Picnic baskets. They could have at least bound them to your Account so you can give them to your other characters.

Lot's of candy buffs that have a 10 day timer (why put a timer on them??).

I have yet to get a True Silver Arrow and with the event winding down I don't think I will.

But what ya gonna do ... I guess no one is forcing you to do the seasonal stuff.
02-15-09, 06:38 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I don't even bother doing any of the seasonal quests.
02-15-09, 06:39 PM   #4
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Same issue here, about 60 gifts in total, 5 of them contained dresses, 8 contained baskets, and 4 contained candy bags (where as the last 3 was for the last one)

Still need peddlefeet though.
02-15-09, 06:53 PM   #5
TDurden
A Fallenroot Satyr
I completely agree. To me, the Love Is In The Air event is the worst one of the year. I'm skipping it entirely this year and every year.
02-15-09, 07:10 PM   #6
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

I took a look at the different achievements and pretty much have said screw it. I haven't been on much for the past few days anyway so there wasn't much point in even bothering trying to do them.
02-15-09, 07:24 PM   #7
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

I am really hoping for a perma peddle feet. I really wish the window was a little longer. Im a pet collecting freak :*(
02-15-09, 07:36 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I hate gimmicks; therefore seasonal crap is imo, crap.
02-15-09, 10:54 PM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

This event is probably one of the most frustrating. I tend to only do a handful of the seasonal achievements as the only titles that interests me are Hallowed, and maybe Elder or Brewmaster. Too difficult to get the items you need most of the time, or too time consuming to travel to all the far-flung places.

02-16-09, 03:20 AM   #10
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
guys wow is dead, its now world of achievements, world of imbalance, nor world of addons, just that but nothing much! the worse is that Blizzard thinks achivments added something cool to the game, it ruined it finally because all is uncovered, its like giving you tips for a game you havent done yet .... how lame that is..

Last edited by Mera : 02-16-09 at 03:37 AM.
02-16-09, 05:25 AM   #11
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
The original idea behind achievements was quite cool and could have been successful, however the implementation was horrible. 90% of the achievements currently in the game are either timesinks or RNG based and require no special effort or skill to complete, but simply many hours of grinding and a bit of luck. One would think that an achievement would be something important and unique, something relatively hard to acquire but not "hard" in the sense of grinding, but rather something that could challenge the player. But I guess that's just a dream that is never going to happen, especially with Blizzard's new philosophy "we want to give everyone access to everything".
02-16-09, 05:39 AM   #12
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
This and the Brewfeast sucked!!! I like doing just fun stuff but jessh come on.
02-16-09, 08:02 AM   #13
Sythalin
Curse staff

If you are playing the game with your main focus around the achievements, then yes, the game sucks now.

- or -

Ignore them entirely and just play the game.

Back on topic: Have to agree, Valentine's seasonal has become a joke and a waste of time. Seasonals used to be quick little things you could do in an hour or so to get a unique item and were kinda fun. Now it requires players to dedicate their entire time to them until the event ends. Glad I skipped this.
02-16-09, 08:05 AM   #14
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
especially with Blizzard's new philosophy "we want to give everyone access to everything".
Actually, I happen to support this "new philosophy", but to a point. Always pissed me off that because I have a job, wife, kids and a life that I get screwed in the game because I can't log in for 12+ hrs a day. That's kinda like handing out <insert popular vid game title> to everyone, but has a built in chip that won't let you play the main game except for certain times. Any other time you just get to play terrible mini-games, like Atari fishing or 1-player Pong.

But at the same time, I don't really want everything simply handed out to everyone either. Balance folks....

Last edited by Sythalin : 02-16-09 at 08:09 AM.
02-21-09, 08:17 PM   #15
MoonWitch
A Firelord
First bag I opened, boom - perma peddlefeet. But everything else?
I have about 12 dresses, 1 basket.. No damn bag of candies. Yeah, it blew.
03-05-09, 12:15 AM   #16
w00pah
A Defias Bandit
To be honest;

- I couldn't care less for any of the seasonals.

I don't bother trying to complete them, hence I'd rather go grind Stratholme and get gold from DE'ing stuff. In the same amount of time I could earn xxx gold, instead of running in a major city hearing "/y please remove my broken heart" (ofc it's written in caps lock, I just won't). The only seasonal I do like is Christmas Purely because of my Little Helper and my clockwork robot, hehe.

I don't really care that much for the achivement system either. Sure, there are some of the titles, the mount and what-not that I'd like own. Other than that, it doesn't thrill me - At all. First of all, Blizzard didn't record most of my heroics as completed (Got all keys, and spent +1.000 badges before I started raiding >.< I feel raped from time). Second of all there isn't even any class specific achivements to ... achiveve. Serisouly, what gives more sense - To give points for talking with elders, writing /love to critters (or killing them for that matter) OR giving points for actually leveling your class? I'm thinking about giving points for leveling PickLock, getting Portals, getting the epic lock/pala mount or stuff like that. I for one have seen many rogues with poor picklock skills, and I somewhat hate it. Making an achivement available just by grinding lockpicking you'd see more players devoted to their classes, and more players actually learning how to use their class and interact with others.

- But hell :\ WoW died when TBC got released. Farewell SS. Farewell 3day AV's. Farewell Honor Rankings.

*sigh*

- Knight-Captajn(!!!) w00pah
03-09-09, 04:26 PM   #17
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
The original idea behind achievements was quite cool and could have been successful, however the implementation was horrible. 90% of the achievements currently in the game are either timesinks or RNG based and require no special effort or skill to complete, but simply many hours of grinding and a bit of luck. One would think that an achievement would be something important and unique, something relatively hard to acquire but not "hard" in the sense of grinding, but rather something that could challenge the player. But I guess that's just a dream that is never going to happen, especially with Blizzard's new philosophy "we want to give everyone access to everything".
The only thing truly challenging in wow is being able to put up with a collection of asshats long enough to be in a guild with them for purposes of running raids, etc. That has not, nor will ever change so long as gamers are gamers. For this reason, I think the achievements are great in the sense that it gives normal people something to do outside of the typical cash grind or rep grind. I don't have a problem with them. I don't like all of them, and I think a lot of them are rather silly. But, I do see a lot that I consider important enough to want to achieve.

This is one aspect of the game that's as purely based on opinion as anything else. None of us enjoy the same thing, it gives variety. You may enjoy raiding with 14 yr old dps epeeners, that other guy might not, I may not. For some, the achievement system has made the game a little less repetitive. There's nothing wrong with that. If it's not for you, don't do it and move along. Go dominate the "noobs" in a BG or go epeen your dps meters. Know what I'm saying? Of course you do.
03-12-09, 08:13 AM   #18
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

if u don't like the achievements stuff, just don't do it. same goes for everything in the game. its no different than any other aspect of the game. not everyone likes to raid, so they don't; not everyone likes to bg, so they don't. some of the achievements r fun, others a pain in the keister. some of its pretty lame. sure it was unable to recognize some of the dungeon stuff as being completed...big whoop. if you want the achievement that bad...go back & do the instance again. there are bound to be other people willing to run the place if need be so they can also get the achievement.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WoW has made Valentines Day even worse.