05-06-09, 10:08 AM   #1
EmuZonePro
A Murloc Raider
Macros Don't Works For Me!!!

Hi! I've a problem using macros with my warlock... Look this:

/castsequence Curse of Agony, Immolate, Corruption

... It don't works for me! It cast only "Curs of Agony" and not the sequence... why?
05-06-09, 10:12 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have to ask this, because you didn't say so, but... Are you clicking the button for each spell? Or just once?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-06-09, 10:31 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by EmuZonePro View Post
Hi! I've a problem using macros with my warlock... Look this:

/castsequence Curse of Agony, Immolate, Corruption

... It don't works for me! It cast only "Curs of Agony" and not the sequence... why?
As was pointed out by Seerah that might be the root of your problem if you had only pressed the button once. The CastSequence Macro command isn't a one click command to cast a list of spells. All it does it queue up the next spell in the list so instead of pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6 you can just press 1 6 times.

I use them myself on most if not all of my casters and have the macro button situated near the spells they work with in case I deviate and need to know which spells are still available.
05-08-09, 08:24 AM   #4
EmuZonePro
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
As was pointed out by Seerah that might be the root of your problem if you had only pressed the button once. The CastSequence Macro command isn't a one click command to cast a list of spells. All it does it queue up the next spell in the list so instead of pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6 you can just press 1 6 times.

I use them myself on most if not all of my casters and have the macro button situated near the spells they work with in case I deviate and need to know which spells are still available.
So I need to press the macro button 3 times to cast each speel in sequence?
05-08-09, 09:08 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes. That's how cast sequences are designed to work. Besides, each spell causes the global cooldown, so each spell requires a separate keypress.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-08-09, 01:27 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To elaborate a little on what Seerah said, it is intentional that every spell cast (in fact every action taken in game) requires a hardware event from the player. Translation: Everything you do requires you to either press a key or click a mouse button. This is to limit the ability to use botting within the game.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Macros Don't Works For Me!!!