05-15-10, 11:14 PM   #1
tavioturner
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Carbonite conflicts with Chinchilla Minimap Addon

I can use both at the same time without any major problems, but the issue that caused me to discover this is that Carbonite seems to take over the minimap, despite Chinchilla's more advanced features, and it won't allow Chinchilla to make some changes, such as making the tracking dots bigger.

This problem is easily fixed by allowing the Carbonite's minimap control to be turned off separately from the other functions.

05-16-10, 06:23 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you allow Carbonite to integrate the Blizz minimap? If you did, that would explain any conflicts you are having.

Generally speaking, anytime you run two addons that do the same thing or addons that modify the same frames, you are asking for trouble.

05-16-10, 09:17 PM   #3
tavioturner
A Defias Bandit
I'm not sure what you are referring to exactly. The only thing that I can think of that you might be talking about is the "Move Minimap into Carbonite map" option. If that's correct, then no, I am not integrating the minimap into Carbonite. The error is occurring with the default WoW minimap modified only (in shape at least) by Chinchilla.

This is what I'm trying to change [link below], the tracking dots, which Chinchilla can do, but after disabling all of my addons and turning them on one at a time, I finally determined that Carbonite was responsible for the error.

(http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r...er/minimap.jpg)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite conflicts with Chinchilla Minimap Addon