12-05-10, 02:06 PM   #1
Paprika
A Black Drake
Something like Power Auras with clickable buttons instead?

I want to place my Kill Shot/Focus Fire-Buttons in the middle of my interface and hide them until they proc. Just like Power Auras is able to show an aura when an action is available, i want the same functionality, but with buttons, so i can easily click them.
12-05-10, 03:18 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If by hide them you mean make them unclickable until the action is available and then make them popup,
that is impossible.

Addons can't do that for years now.

That would make it possible to overlay buttons on the same spot and have you just click the "one" button.

That's automation blizzard doesn't like, is not permitted in the game and has taken steps in code to make impossible.

The best you can have is the graphic of the button as a suggestion on what to click/keypress next, not an actual clickable button.

Something along the lines of Ovale, SpellFlash, Clcret etc.
12-05-10, 03:22 PM   #3
Paprika
A Black Drake
Sad to hear this. I just thought if Power Auras can show stuff on certain events, why shouldn't it be possible to show buttons too.

PS: I don't want to make them unclickable, i just want them to be hidden until the action is available.
Let's take Kill Shot as an example of what i'm trying to do. It can be activated if the enemy has less then 20% of his hitpoints available.
I want to place a Kill Shot button somewhere in the middle of my interface and it should stay hidden until it can be used.

Last edited by Paprika : 12-05-10 at 03:24 PM.
12-05-10, 03:29 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
In order for them to be clickable, they need to be secure buttons. An addon can't hide/show buttons based on their cooldown, only on what the secure state driver allows. To "hide" them from view, would mean to change their alpha instead, so that they are technically invisible. However, they would still be clickable even though you can't see them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-06-10, 04:23 AM   #5
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
However, they would still be clickable even though you can't see them.
I wouldn't care about this if adjusting the Alpha based on the Event would be possible.
12-06-10, 04:57 AM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok let me rephrase to see if I got it right.

We have established that you cannot have different buttons stacked on top of eachother,
and making a different one clickable based on some conditions.
Code:
 ----
|    | <-- many buttons on top of each other fading in/out,
|    | different one clickable in-combat based on procs = impossible.
 ----
So you are ok with the buttons being one next to the other like on the default actionbars, but you want them
- moved to a more central location
- fading out (while still being there and clickable) when some conditions are not met.

If that's what you are describing, take a loot at Button Forge or other actionbar mods.
Code:
 ---- ---- ---- ----
|    |    |    |    | <-- buttons side by side fading in/out,
|    |    |    |    | that don't change their clickable state = doable.
 ---- ---- ---- ----

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Something like Power Auras with clickable buttons instead?