02-13-11, 01:53 PM   #1
HiHoStevo
A Defias Bandit
Hesitation and FPS drop with Carbonite

Hello, I am very new to the world of WOW, but have quickly come to depend on your Carbonite program.

I use the current MacBook Pro (i5 processor, Nvidia GT330m) and everything has run quite well until this week. Normally my fps outputting to a 27" external monitor run around 45 - 55 fps. Starting this week any time I attempt to pick up a quest, turn in a quest, loot a body, or joust (deal with those darn scouts), pretty much everything that involves interaction my fps would drop from 50fps to 5 fps.

Battle.net said the problem was not with them, so I turned off all my addon's and magically the problem went away. One at a time I turned the addon's back on and everything worked until I activated Carbonite (I am using the latest version 4.034); the minute I turned Carbonite back on the problems returned.

This problem was on all my toons, not just one. My son (who invited me into this world) also uses Carbonite on an older MacBook Pro and does not have this issue.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and is there a fix so I can get Carbonite running again? It is just not the same game without Carbonite!

Thank you,

02-13-11, 02:00 PM   #2
LoreMooster
A Defias Bandit
This problem occurs when you have a quest selected in the watch frame but it is not complete yet. FPS lag will happen.. when the quest completes the lag will go away. Lame I know..

02-13-11, 04:25 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Tracking achievements is a known lag-causing problem. Are you tracking achievements?

02-14-11, 01:40 PM   #4
HiHoStevo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Tracking achievements is a known lag-causing problem. Are you tracking achievements?
No I am not tracking achievements...

02-14-11, 05:06 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Just checking.

Does the problem occur with just Carbonite loaded?

It may be a SavedVariables problem. In Wow's wtf folder, you have SavedVariables folders for each account, and for each toon. In those folders you'll find carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files. If you delete or rename* those files, then when next you log in, carbonite will create new ones. That may (or may not) fix the problem. It will reset carbonite to its default settings.

* you could just stick a 1 on the end of the file name - or the beginning, for that matter.

02-14-11, 10:37 PM   #6
Turgis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Do you use Archy? This exact problem occured for me while I had carb plus archy running.

02-15-11, 03:11 AM   #7
HiHoStevo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Turgis View Post
Do you use Archy? This exact problem occured for me while I had carb plus archy running.

I disabled Archy and that might have cured the problem... will post when I am sure it is fixed... perhaps some type of conflict with Archy and Carbonite??

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Hesitation and FPS drop with Carbonite