06-22-11, 03:17 PM   #1
mwblythe
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Outfit Warning Add-On Request

One of my readers suggested an add-on that will give you a warning when you're wearing the wrong thing, such as a fishing pole in a raid. Expanding on that idea, I think it would be very useful to have an add-on that did the following:

* Allow you to specify "outfits" for different activities
* Display a warning when your current equipment doesn't match the designated gearset for the activity you're in.
* Would need to detect what activity you're engaged in, similar to how DBM knows which raid/instance you are in. Hopefully this could also be applied to BG/Arena.

Setup for the add-on would require me to create a gearset for Raid/PVP/Arena/Whatever. Then I select a gearset for each activity I want it to monitor. After that, the mod will warn me when my current gear doesn't match the required gearset. For example, if I enter a raid instance and I'm still holding a fishing pole, it would warn me that my "Raid" set is missing an item. Perhaps it could even identify which slot is wrong (such as "weapon" missing for "raid" gearset).

If someone decides to take this on, drop me an email and I'll promote it on my blog!

Thanks for listening
Kaliope of Llane
www.crafterstome.com
06-22-11, 03:44 PM   #2
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Gearup.html

It doesn't warn, but perhaps you could submit a feature request for it to do so. (Although it equips a gearset for you based on where you are, so it shouldn't need to.)

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
06-22-11, 03:51 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm pretty sure Outfitter has functionality to link gearsets to activities,
and the simpler Gearup as well.

I'm not sure if warnings would offer anything if you can already link a gearset to environments,
but maybe a feature request for either author would get them implemented if you can argue for their usefulness.
06-22-11, 05:37 PM   #4
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

That's what I said!

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
06-22-11, 06:19 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Decabah View Post
That's what I said!
It's called posting in parallel (I didn't refresh the thread before hitting "submit")

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Outfit Warning Add-On Request