11-08-10, 10:35 AM   #1
zohar101
A Cyclonian

Replenishment and Lightwell charges

I'm porting over these ideas from the plusheal forums. I couldn't think of any addons that would track lightwell charges left/used or do a simple "replenishment missing" warning for healers. Both of these are going to become more essential with cata.
Anyone know any addons like this?

Edit: I didn't realize there is a common spellID for buff replenishment. I thought you'd have to check multiple buffs/auras. Since this is the case, I can think of addons that can do this.
Lightwell charges though I still don't know how to track.

Last edited by zohar101 : 11-08-10 at 11:08 AM.
11-08-10, 11:31 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Charges on the Lightwell are probably impossible to track - or at least difficult.

It would probably require scanning the buffs of all members of your party on a regular basis to detect the presence of the lightwell healing buff, and/or it's refreshes.
11-08-10, 11:59 AM   #3
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Charges on the Lightwell are probably impossible to track - or at least difficult.

It would probably require scanning the buffs of all members of your party on a regular basis to detect the presence of the lightwell healing buff, and/or it's refreshes.
And? Such a simple task.
11-08-10, 03:55 PM   #4
zohar101
A Cyclonian

I can't imagine it being that complicated. I'm using Raeli's Spell Announcer to announce all my important healer cooldowns and it gives me an option to announce to me in my chat window every time someone clicks the lightwell.

Technically I could be sitting there and counting the number of times it does this but that's impractical.
I could be wrong though and this addon might be doing a lot in the background that I'm not aware of.
I wonder if tracking http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59907 would work. But since I can't specify who to track it on that wouldn't work. Yeah I'd have to track Lightwell Renew across the raid.

Last edited by zohar101 : 11-08-10 at 04:10 PM.
11-08-10, 03:59 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Isn't the lightwell a certain amount of charges and then it ticks for a certain amount of time?

Why couldn't you figure out what the X amount of charges was and then use
COMBATLOG_UNFILTERED to capture each the

xxxx is healed by xxx Lightwell blarg

and just make a counter?

from wowhead
lua Code:
  1. Lightwell
  2. 30% of base mana    40 yd range
  3. 0.5 sec cast    3 min cooldown
  4. Creates a Holy Lightwell.  Friendly players can click the Lightwell to
  5. restore (((2577 + ($SP * .308)) * 3) * 1.25) health over 6 sec.  
  6. Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel
  7. the effect. Lightwell lasts for 3 min or 10 charges.

Modified By:
lua Code:
  1. Glyph of Lightwell
  2. Prime Glyph
  3. Classes: Priest
  4. Requires Level 29
  5. Item Level 29
  6. Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
  8. Increases the total amount of charges of your Lightwell by 5.

Soooo........

We know that lightwell has 10 or 15 charges. At the creation of the lightwell we start to capture the combat log. We parse the name of the person who is healed by lightwell, add it to a temp list, each time a new person click the light well we parse that name add them to a list and subtract a number of charges from the addon.. after the lightwell runs out or after x ammount of time then the counter resets.

Seeing as the cooldown is 3 minutes and the time it lasts is 3 minutes you don;t have to worry about overlaping counters.

Last edited by Nobgul : 11-08-10 at 04:06 PM.
11-08-10, 04:29 PM   #6
zohar101
A Cyclonian

Cause that would make far too much sense?
Lol. Thanks Will fiddle with it.
11-08-10, 06:06 PM   #7
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

you probably shouldnt add them to a list,

the CLEU will give you SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and SPELL_AURA_HEALED (not sure about second ones name) when the lightwell occurs.

Now we have to account for lag, panic, and idiots who might for some unknown reason click the well twice. We all know blizzard is atleast trying to remove some of the training wheels (thank god) for us, like the ability to waste a GCD and mana dispelling a target that doesnt need a dispelling. and so on.

So key things to remember are getting the SPELL_AURA_APPLIED event, possible a way to identify the light well as yours. I would imagine since it is a doodad that it would have its own GUID. So lets say we watch the combat log for creation of the light well. and when it says "Xubera creates Lightwell", thats when we need to capture the destGUID. (this of course, only if wow doesnt say which lightwell did the aura appliying )

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
11-08-10, 06:40 PM   #8
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

I just checked you cannot double tap a Lightwell, atleast to the point where it will renew the debuff on you.
11-08-10, 06:54 PM   #9
zohar101
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Xubera View Post
So key things to remember are getting the SPELL_AURA_APPLIED event, possible a way to identify the light well as yours. I would imagine since it is a doodad that it would have its own GUID. So lets say we watch the combat log for creation of the light well. and when it says "Xubera creates Lightwell", thats when we need to capture the destGUID. (this of course, only if wow doesnt say which lightwell did the aura appliying )
Uh I was thinking (and please bear with me as I'm a total noob at this) SPELL_CREATE or SPELL_SUMMON for setting down lightwell. The same as for say...a refreshment table? Since technically no aura is applied with just setting it down?
And erm...sourceGUID or destGUID for figuring out who cast it? Or er....sourcename. Gah, I gotta read about this. I'm just stabbing in the dark right now trying to guess what to use.
Thanks so much for all the walkthroughs though
11-09-10, 02:27 AM   #10
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Well i mean SPELL_AURA_APPLIED for when someone clicks the well, it calls that event.

I am unsure how the game will handle the situation.

The combat log should call SPELL_CREATE or SPELL_SUMMON when you create the lightwell. sourceGUID would be the priest's GUID and the destGUID would be the lightwell's GUID (GUID is just a unique number assigned to everyrthing) So when that occur's, we now know which GUID is yours as apposed to another priests.

So now I go over and click the well, the combat log should read Xubera received Lightwell buff from Lightwell. Now we dont know who';s lightwell that could be, but a quick comparison to the previous GUID we stored when we created our lightwell, and since its the same lightwell, we shall deduct a charge.

This is all in theory of course, I havent tested any of it in game

11-09-10, 05:34 AM   #11
zohar101
A Cyclonian

I was playing with my lightwell last night.
I see no msg in clog when I set it down on the ground but it will say

Sedivy has gained Lightwell Renew from Sedivy's Lightwell

So it does track who set it down. All in all yes, it's possible to get the source and target info even if there are multiple lightwells down at the same time.

Last edited by zohar101 : 11-09-10 at 05:52 AM.
11-09-10, 07:38 AM   #12
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

I think a event trace would catch it. I will try in a moment and see on my lol lvl priest its high enough to get into lightwell
11-09-10, 08:39 AM   #13
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
combatlog entry when setting it down

Code:
SPELL_SUMMON,0x01000000025360D3,"Darkstarx",0x511,0xF5307C99002AB943,"Lightwell",0xa28,724,"Lightwell",0x2
11-09-10, 08:51 AM   #14
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by zohar101 View Post
I was playing with my lightwell last night.
I see no msg in clog when I set it down on the ground but it will say

Sedivy has gained Lightwell Renew from Sedivy's Lightwell

So it does track who set it down. All in all yes, it's possible to get the source and target info even if there are multiple lightwells down at the same time.
Sedivy? are you sedivy on the wow forums :O I love that guy lol

11-09-10, 09:18 AM   #15
zohar101
A Cyclonian

You love that girl you mean. Thanks
Yes I love your posts too. Especially when you're hand holding me through the scripts lol

To darkstar: Noted, ty
03-06-11, 02:59 PM   #16
urftrestpdad
A Kobold Labourer
I have created a addon for this which is in finally stages of approval at curse, called LightWell Geespot but as of now there is a issue with tracking lightwell charges as someone can double click the lightwell fast enough to use two charges but shows in combat log as only one charge used. still trying to figure out how to detect that but as of now if people use it properly it can tell you how many charges remain, when someone used a charge when they shouldnt have and announce to party that lightwell is down and how much it heals for and the total charges.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Replenishment and Lightwell charges