09-30-11, 08:32 PM   #1
Spoookyy
A Defias Bandit
Reported addon

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info8283#info

How can I edit the lua for it to work for 4.2+?
09-30-11, 10:01 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if you could post any errors it throws out would be a real help.
09-30-11, 11:00 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

From what was uploaded, it looks like the author was in the middle of adding in an options panel and abandoned the project. I'm not sure the condition of the event handler, but the first immediate problem I see is the addon still uses the argN globals Blizzard discontinued in late LK.

Around line 130 in Reported.lua, there should be a line that looks like this:
Code:
f:SetScript("OnEvent", function (self, event, msg, arg2, _, _, _, _, _, channel, channame)
Add this line in right after it:
Code:
_G.arg2=arg2;
This would just be a patch to supply the data it wants until someone wants to put in the time to rewrite it to proper working condition.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 09-30-11 at 11:03 PM.
09-30-11, 11:28 PM   #4
Spoookyy
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
From what was uploaded, it looks like the author was in the middle of adding in an options panel and abandoned the project. I'm not sure the condition of the event handler, but the first immediate problem I see is the addon still uses the argN globals Blizzard discontinued in late LK.

Around line 130 in Reported.lua, there should be a line that looks like this:
Code:
f:SetScript("OnEvent", function (self, event, msg, arg2, _, _, _, _, _, channel, channame)
Add this line in right after it:
Code:
_G.arg2=arg2;
This would just be a patch to supply the data it wants until someone wants to put in the time to rewrite it to proper working condition.
Thank you so much. As for the "posting errors" it doesn't load in game. In the .lua the errors are
Code:
local errors = { "Error: Generic install error. Invalid GenInstall INF file", "Error: Invalid VxD dynamic link call from NWREDIR(04) +000000B9 to device 0487", "Error: Error 171 could not access schedule information", "Error: Cannot copy file: File system error (1026)", "Error: Access Pack Error. Could not initialize the Mini VxD, load aborted", "Error: MMSYSTEM262 There is a problem with your media device", "Error: MMSYSTEM266 The device could not be loaded", "Error: MPREXE Not Responding", "Error: M0026: Failed to find controller -- Controller not present", "Error: SDMErr(80000003): Registry access failed", "Error: SPOOL32 caused a general protection fault in module ADOBEPS.DRV", "Error: Gaspar caused a GPF in 256_1280.drv at 0002:0D7B", "Error: The following error occurred while loading device VNETSUP: Error 6102", "Error: The specified network server does not exist", "Error: Fatal Exception OD at 00457:000040B1", "Error: VMerror OFFENDING COMMAND: makepattern STACK using PostScript printer", "Error: Your network adapter HP27252 is not configured correctly" }
10-01-11, 01:04 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know what caused the error you posted, but here's the error I got in-game from "Reported":

Code:
["errors"] = {
	{
		["message"] = "Reported-1.003\\Reported.lua:72: attempt to concatenate global 'arg2' (a nil value)\nReported-1.003\\Reported.lua:133: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Reported\\Reported.lua:130>\n",
		["type"] = "error",
		["time"] = "2011/10/01 02:58:34",
		["locals"] = "self = <unnamed> {\n 0 = <userdata>\n}\nevent = \"CHAT_MSG_CHANNEL\"\nmsg = \"LF FL TRASH\"\narg2 = \"Keyallar\"\n_ = \"\"\n_ = \"2. Trade - City\"\n_ = \"Keyallar\"\n_ = \"\"\n_ = 2\nchannel = 2\nchanname = \"Trade - City\"\nCheckMsgMatch = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Reported\\Reported.lua:41\n",

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
10-01-11, 02:21 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's what the additional code I posted fixes.
10-01-11, 03:40 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

And so it does. Can't tell you if it works, other than that it doesn't throw an error, since nobody swore during the short time I was on to test it. Thunder Bluff is pretty tame, you know. Well, at least on Uldaman anyway.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
10-01-11, 11:35 AM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Apparently, it's only made to run on trade and BG chat.
10-01-11, 12:35 PM   #9
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I'd rewrite it all, something like this maybe?

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=wbuNWW8L

It's not tested that much, nor does it's regex work, obviously. But it would work for any language, so that's good. Not to mention uses the new API to make this process even easier and quicker. Can be expanded to check the value in the table, higher the number the more offensive the word is (I reckon) -so can add options based on these levels. Best would be to separate each level in their own tables, so you only look up those that have the option enabled, saves performance.

It's just a draft, what do you think?
10-01-11, 01:07 PM   #10
Spoookyy
A Defias Bandit
@Vlad I don't know. For my addon I only use "cuss" word and I added more channels to scan + a custom message to send.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=jDB1xJWj

It would be great if I could figure out how to add extra replies, instead of just having the same message.

Last edited by Spoookyy : 10-01-11 at 01:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Reported addon