11-28-10, 12:08 AM   #1
Kyle4Game
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Herbalism Nodes?!

Hello,
Carbonite was working perfectly fine with showing me what herbs are in what zones, but after downloaded the new "beta" version...I import the gathering data, show it on my map, and track...but still nothing shows...I've tried deleting the data and reimporting it and still nothing...I'm not sure if the "beta" has a empty database or what...but its annoying. any ideas?

11-28-10, 01:41 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Yes, the beta has an empty database, and also clears out your old one for you.

With the Shattering, the world was changed. When the world was changed, Blizzard moved many, if not all, spawn points for herbs and ores. The database is empty until people have sent in enough spawn locations for the developers to populate a new database with the new herb and ore spawn points.

11-28-10, 05:56 AM   #3
Kyle4Game
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Yes, the beta has an empty database, and also clears out your old one for you.

With the Shattering, the world was changed. When the world was changed, Blizzard moved many, if not all, spawn points for herbs and ores. The database is empty until people have sent in enough spawn locations for the developers to populate a new database with the new herb and ore spawn points.
ah thanks for the reply! how long does it usually take to refill the database? Maybe there is a way to get the old back for a temp thing...I just like to see what herbs are in what zones, even if its not down the the exact yard.

11-28-10, 06:20 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I think Haavok (or maybe it was Faatal) said "a couple of weeks". So I figure it for a Christmas present.

11-28-10, 06:57 AM   #5
lcoil79
A Murloc Raider
Nope, it's gone for good. You wouldn't even want it to see what should be in an area since with the Shattering, some things are no longer even in the zones anymore. Rather than deal with the hordes of people complaining that Carb is telling them a node or quest is in the middle of a new mountain or the bottom of a new lake of acid, they wiped to a clean slate much in the same way that Blizz did with Cata.

11-28-10, 09:27 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
I think Haavok (or maybe it was Faatal) said "a couple of weeks". So I figure it for a Christmas present.
It'll take as long as is takes for Carbonite users to collect herbs and ores around the world, then sending their SavedVariables file to the development team, in a sufficient enough number that the database can justly be called a database again. Probably will take a week or three, but depending on how many nodes are discovered and in how many zones, could take longer (or shorter).

Originally Posted by lcoil79 View Post
Nope, it's gone for good. You wouldn't even want it to see what should be in an area since with the Shattering, some things are no longer even in the zones anymore. Rather than deal with the hordes of people complaining that Carb is telling them a node or quest is in the middle of a new mountain or the bottom of a new lake of acid, they wiped to a clean slate much in the same way that Blizz did with Cata.
Yes and no. Definately no to "it's gone for good", the developers themselves have confirmed that a new CarboniteNodes will be available once sufficient data is available. And it's not just about one or two nodes being misplaced, it's about Blizzard restructuring Azeroth from the ground up, literally. Meaning brand new elevation, brand new terrain, brand new clipping, brand new NPCs, and naturally, brand new nodes. Nodes aren't just moved where necessary - Blizzard has literally removed every single spawn point in the game and placed new ones. The only way for Carbonite to remain accurate is to do the same.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Herbalism Nodes?!