06-20-06, 09:30 AM   #1
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Charcoal UI/Fusion

This should have been made ages ago, sorry everyone.

Please use this thread for all questions concerning Charcoal v1.1 and the upcoming Charcoal Fusion

Thanks, Crash
06-20-06, 10:05 AM   #2
Geza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When I log onto http://www.inabsentia.net/ all I see is the Azshara background and some dark grey boxes I can drag around. Is this the correct site for Charcoal still?
06-20-06, 10:18 AM   #3
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Geza
When I log onto http://www.inabsentia.net/ all I see is the Azshara background and some dark grey boxes I can drag around. Is this the correct site for Charcoal still?
Ummm just ignore that =)

Charcoal will be back on inabsentia.net soon, probably at wow.inabsentia.net
06-20-06, 10:53 AM   #4
Θybrid
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any set release date for when Charcoal Fusion will be released? Or when you will be expecting it to be done? I wan't to mark my calendar.
06-21-06, 09:14 PM   #5
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Θybrid
Is there any set release date for when Charcoal Fusion will be released? Or when you will be expecting it to be done? I wan't to mark my calendar.
Sometime between now and the release of Burning Crusade =)

I have no idea yet but I promise it wont be in development for months.

Originally Posted by chrull
I have a question: anyone else having problem with Charcoal 1.1i resetting to the latest loaded charcoal-profile when logging in/out?

It doesn't remember my saved profile it seems.
I haven't noticed this yet and I've been testing all day under various circumstances.
06-21-06, 09:29 PM   #6
chrull
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by CrashVegas
I haven't noticed this yet and I've been testing all day under various circumstances.
I'll try to get some time between work and raiding tonight then to check if there might be another addon causing trouble.

Charcoal setting isn't saved in any strange place, but right with the other addons, right?
wtf/account/accountname/server/charcoal.lua?
06-21-06, 11:06 AM   #7
shazzy
A Murloc Raider

Any plans to add the keyring?
06-21-06, 12:37 PM   #8
chrull
A Defias Bandit
keyring is a DAB-issue.

I have a question: anyone else having problem with Charcoal 1.1i resetting to the latest loaded charcoal-profile when logging in/out?

It doesn't remember my saved profile it seems.
08-23-06, 04:08 PM   #9
Bromios
A Kobold Labourer
Hey Crash, thanks for the great DAB/DUF set up, however, I'm having a problem that I can't quite figure out.

It has to do with the control boxes. I'm using the Charcoal Default profile. I've loaded the profile and while it is loaded created my own profile the change the only setting that I dislike (disabling the Minimap icon). So now that I have my own profile, I distribute my buttons on the DAB buttons (18 on the left, 18 on the right). My problem comes with the control boxes. Since I use all 36 buttons nominally and I have no need for extra buttons, I was wondering if I could simply remove them all together.

Whenever I log into the game, the UI auto-defaults the Sub-Left action Bar to Page 2, which has no buttons placed. Even though the left side of the setup says Page 2, the Main Left bar (2 rows of 6 buttons) remains on the Page 1 button bindings. So I can't move all my buttons to Page 2, nor can I leave them on Page 1 without changing pages. It's not a huge issue but it got my killed on C'Thun yesterdat because I got D/Ced and logged back in with low health and low and behold, my potion button wasn't on my UI and I died instantly.

So basically here's my theory. I've tried hiding the control boxes int he /cho options, but I get the same problem and mousewheel paging still works. So I disable mousewheel paging and now I get an unsuppressable SAB error. So I go into every DAB bar and reduce the Pages to 1, disable Mousewheel Paging and the Control Boxes, and I still get the error.

What's the solution? I'm thinking 2 bars, 1 bar with 18 buttons (3 rows of 6) on the left and the same on the right, setting the pages to 1 and disabling mousewheel paging, all while disabling the control boxes?

Sorry for the long post.
08-23-06, 05:34 PM   #10
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Bromios
Hey Crash, thanks for the great DAB/DUF set up, however, I'm having a problem that I can't quite figure out.

It has to do with the control boxes. I'm using the Charcoal Default profile. I've loaded the profile and while it is loaded created my own profile the change the only setting that I dislike (disabling the Minimap icon). So now that I have my own profile, I distribute my buttons on the DAB buttons (18 on the left, 18 on the right). My problem comes with the control boxes. Since I use all 36 buttons nominally and I have no need for extra buttons, I was wondering if I could simply remove them all together.
Hey there Bromios

Unfortunately there is no solution for what you want. All of the code for the pages and control boxes is so tied into the Charcoal code that it doesn't give much freedom as far as changing things around. The DAB setup is a huge flaw in Charcoal, it's way too constricting.

I have no plans to work on this version of Charcoal any further, one reason is because I started work on Fusion and another is because I don't have the time. I've been playing WoW since beta but in the summer I have hardly any time for it. I always come back strong in the fall though and you can be sure Fusion will be here before the Burning Crusade hits. I learned a ton while working on Charcoal and Fusion is going to benefit from that.

Fusion does not use DAB or DUF, it uses a hybrid version of them - fused if you will - that I've spent a good deal of time since April working on. Fusion is basically DAB, DUF, a mini DART, CastingBar, Viewport and some of my Charcoal features all rolled into one.

Charcoal Fusion Features:

- Hugely slimmed down DUF/DAB hybrid as it's core
- Optional Mini DART style options for backgrounds and artwork
- Optional plugin for a custom XP bar, casting bar and other movable frames
- Optional viewport-style plugin
- Optional minimap plugin allows you to customize the minimap any way you wish
- Optional 3D model (for portraits) plugin
- Profile System that allows you to download/share profiles that utilize any/all of the above plugins

The 'default' profile uses custom art created by me...it still retainsthe simple look and feel of Charcoal but in a more stylized/glassy presentation. It can of course be turned off.

It's going to blow Charcoal out of the water and the best part is, no restrictions. You can change the bars all you want.

I'm really sorry about the death on C'Thun, that issue with the 2nd page being the default is because I got those pages mixed up somewhere in the code.
08-23-06, 08:12 PM   #11
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by RivenFear
On Charcoal UI is their anyway to use the bottom action bar with 1-0 keys instead of having to click on them with the mouse ?
Originally Posted by Foxxen
How do you set up the Bars on Pages 1, 2 and 3 so that you can hot-key through them? Reason I ask, is I play a mage too at times. Would be nice to just hot-key them so I can switch at will.
This can be done through the DAB Keybindings. Open up /dab and click on the Keybindings button on the left side. It may be daunting at first but play around and you guys will be able to figure it out =)
08-26-06, 09:56 AM   #12
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by CrashVegas
This can be done through the DAB Keybindings. Open up /dab and click on the Keybindings button on the left side. It may be daunting at first but play around and you guys will be able to figure it out =)

I know it can be, but what I should of asked, is what are those pages called in DAB, so I know what ones to assign to keybindings. Other than that, I'm good. I have so many keybindings now since I got used to the UI. There is not anything I can't simply press a button and do. Heheehe, thanks a million Crash. Your description of Fusion a few posts up is damn impressive. Can't wait!
08-28-06, 09:54 AM   #13
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Hey Crash....no problems, just wanna say..KEEP UP THE EXCELLANT WORK!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Charcoal UI/Fusion