06-15-11, 10:33 AM   #1
Aluria
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm speechless over the reaction and hate :(

Hi ppl

as said in the title im speachless at the reaction and hate i encountered today in a random dungeon group. So I have to tell you and ask whats ure opinion on this.

So i am a Tank, geared in 359s and 353s, i have everything for valor points so i dont really need something from heroics. But i like the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries (still hoping for a usefull loot ^^) and i enjoy tanking. So i decided to start collecting some damagegear. But i know ppl complain if u just roll on dd gear as tank so i made a little macro telling every1 a friendly hello, who i am, where im from (ingame ofc :P) and remind every1 that i roll on dd gear, not tank and i post this upon entering an instance.

So i queued for a Random Zandalarian, got into ZG & saw 2 Dks in my Group. So i posted my macro. they all responded with "hi" and so on and even lol'ed at my macro. Keep in mind we didnt even buff the group so far.. There was no complain at all on my intents (= rolling on dd gear) so i figured it was ok. we cleared all the way to the raptor boss, the melee wirst dropped, i won and suddenly i was flamed not only by one of the DKs but also by a druid who was not even on the same server than the dk.. so i told them that i informed them about this but still they kept on bitching.. and all left the group..

I seriously dont get this.. I specifically told them that i roll on tank gear, i told them not infight but at the very start of the dungeon and noone complained.. Why the hate than? I would have passed if one of them told me he's not okay with it, no problem there on my side... but they didnt say anything so my conclusion was: It's okay for me..

What are your thoughts on this topic? Cant a tank roll on dd gear if he clearly states this and noone said sth? In my opinion i did nothing wrong and i'm a bit hurt i have to admit by all this raging hattred

<3 Aluria

P.S.: Excuse my bad grammer andso, i'm no native speaker
06-15-11, 10:49 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I see it your macro is simply stating your intent. Since you are willing to comply with people if they do not agree its even going as far as asking. If they choose not to take you seriously that is not your fault.

If you want to be more clear put in something like speak now or your silence will be taken as acceptance.

This isn't the first time I have seen something like this. I've grouped with people before where similar requests are made at the beginning. Most people don't reply or laugh. Then someone almost always pitches a fit when it happens. Or they simply rage quit over not getting the gear they wanted.

I say keep doing your thing. If people cant be bothered to take you seriously and say they disagree before hand then that is their problem.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-15-11, 10:51 AM   #3
Ither
A Firelord

I wouldn't sweat it.

I do it all the time and could care less; they complain there are not enough tanks available so if I'm tanking to please them I'm also rolling on what I need.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've pretty much got my entire ret set done and I'm working on a holy set (for no reason). I also like the satchel and the only thing I got useful was the giant rat (love that little booger).
06-15-11, 11:36 AM   #4
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Make a macro that says the following:

"I don't need any tank gear, so I will be rolling NEED on all Plate DPS-type gear. If you are not OK with this, please leave the group now and enjoy your wait back in the queue."

And be done with it. If people complain, keep cruising, refer them to the statement at the start, and be done with it.

Marth

06-15-11, 11:41 AM   #5
tinyu
A Molten Giant

tbh honest you should have looked at their gear first if they were in blues then you should have let them take the gear.

the general rule of thumb is if your want to roll on gear for a Off Spec thats a Greed role Main Spec is Need.

and in regards to your grammer OP its fine if read ALOT worse.
06-15-11, 12:00 PM   #6
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Since you were in a pug I agree with Marthisdil. Let them wait in the queue if they don't like it. I would agree with Tinyu if you were in a guild group.
06-15-11, 12:01 PM   #7
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I wouldn't worry about it.

You stated your intent to roll on DPS gear as a tank and if they wanted you to abide by any caveats then it was their problem that they didn't say so. Noone is entitled to gear, and if you hadn't rolled I'm sure the DKs would've still whined amongst themselves about who deserved it more.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
06-16-11, 07:07 AM   #8
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
the general rule of thumb is if your want to roll on gear for a Off Spec thats a Greed role Main Spec is Need.
Sorry, but with the enchanting system the way it is now, that can no longer be the "rule of thumb." If you want something for OS and roll greed out of politeness, there is a strong likelihood that it will be sharded.

And no, I don't accept asking people and such while rolls are going on, because as the OPs post shows, people don't actually read chat.

My usual thing is to roll greed on something I find interesting. If it's sharded, well no huge loss for me. If I have to roll need on something for an OS, I will say so. I haven't done many of the troll dungeons, so most of my runs and rolls are on blues many people don't want anyway. If someone asked for a piece I rolled "needing for os" on, I would probably trade it to them (I suppose it would depend on what kind of a jerk the were earlier in the run).

Last edited by sakurakira : 06-16-11 at 07:12 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » I'm speechless over the reaction and hate :(