10-23-05, 01:20 PM   #1
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

WTF is up....

with Curse? They need a new sever or something i can never get on that site.. Its been down for me for 3 days now. next time i get on i have to copy all my addons from there and look for a new site for the fixings...Not just down but Slow a sheot
10-23-05, 01:25 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Gee, I wonder where you might possibly be able to find somewhere to host your mods for you?

*peers around trying to find a hosting site*

FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-23-05, 01:28 PM   #3
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Not sure whats up with Curse. They are definitely making some changes, with the www1, www2 and www3 adresses. One of their admins visits here sometimes, mabye they can elaborate.

I know that Rushster is adding a new server to ui.worldofwar.net very soon. The amount of "users online" is roughly 200-800+ at all times lately. Thats alot of traffic. I don't have a timeframe, sorry.

Meanwhile, www.wowinterface.com and www.wowguru.com must be seeing big spikes in their user count.
10-23-05, 03:37 PM   #4
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ive noticed their site is extremely slow, and it is indeed very irritating. I hope its fixed soon.
10-23-05, 05:14 PM   #5
Akopian
A Murloc Raider
Slowly but surely, I've been using this site more and more. For one thing, there are some interesting mods out there that publish here first it seems. Also, it is never slow.
10-23-05, 05:16 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We try, Akopian.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-24-05, 01:15 PM   #7
GRiM
An Aku'mai Servant

Thumbs up

I don't see why people don't just host their mods here?

When patch day hits I've noticed that Curse and ui.wow.net are always slow/down/low-band mode.

That's why I always come here first. This site is great. Always up. Downloads are VERY well organized (Huge plus in my books). The search has never EVER failed me.

If I had more time on my hands and decided to create a mod I would host it here, but I don't cause I am too busy enjoying the game.
10-24-05, 10:34 PM   #8
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thumbs up The whole curse thing

For awhile, I was using Curse almost exclusively, even though I've loved the *interface sites since EQ first started allowing you to mod their interface. The main reason was that ui.worldofwar.net would never bother to upload the mods i was using to wowinterface. If I can find the mods I'm looking for on wowinterface, I will probably start using it and ui.worldofwar.net as my primary resource, as a lot of mod authors do not even seem to be updating on curse, or when they do, it's a few days after I allready found it somewhere else...

Now I just wish T. King was into WoW

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WTF is up....