07-22-09, 04:11 PM   #1
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PVEFrames Support?

Ok, so when I started doing 5m's for the first time, people used the "lucky charms" to tell people the kill order, and much to my dismay, there is no way to target "skull" for instance. Well, I was trolling Curse and found "PvEFrames", which gives you target frames based on the marks. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to incorporate this into the status window! Here's the link:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/370627.aspx

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com

07-22-09, 04:44 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oooo I saw that addon, too! I was actually debating on weather or not to try it, but I'm hesitant due to the fact that I'm unsure of weather or not I can resize the bars or use LiteStep to decorate them. That and I'm having a hard time picturing in my head where exactly I would put them.. not getting rid of Skada lol.

07-22-09, 05:21 PM   #3
Akryn
A Firelord
I just don't get why would you even want unitframes that /targetexact the name of whatever the symbol was on when combat started? That's going to cause so many bad pulls. x.x

07-23-09, 06:44 AM   #4
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well, for me anyways, I'm a ranged DPS. Finding the first target (skull) typically isn't a problem. The problem is when Skull is dead, and I need to switch to X. Typically I'm mashing the tab key to cycle through which just wastes time and precious dps I *COULD* be doing if I could have quickly picked the right target.

As for replacing Skada. Again personaly, I don't look at Skada much. For the DPS end, the end of the fight is more important than during, and for the threat meter, it's been my philosophy that if I'm pulling threat from the tank, they aren't doing thier job. In reality though, 9 times out of 10, if I do pull threat, it's because the tank died, and at that point, I'm screwed because I'm usually the next on the threat list.

As for PvEFrames itself. This mod is very very new and needs alot of work. I'd like to see the ability to hide all frames, individual frames, and hide frames when there's no target for that particular mark. That said, for being a brand new mod, it does what it intends to do. Resizing the frames would be the icing on the cake, but at the same time if we had status window support in nUI for this addon, it would make alot of my wishes not needed......

-Todd

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com

08-23-09, 11:12 AM   #5
Cimba
A Murloc Raider

Tank frames indeed

Being quite new to nUI this might be a noob question - but i rather ask and learn than keep quiet and remain noob.
I've read thru a lot of posts but not found anything else about tankframes - yes I'm dps as well and share Todds philosophy on targetting.
1. are there any tankframes in nUi that i have not found yet? (in the meantime using Blizz standard tankframes - not pretty)
2. if not, is there any other addon that you recommend to help with this issue?

Like Todd says, the first skull is hardly a problem... but at Yoggs 25-man i.e. when all the different tentacles come up, i'd like to do my job, aid the tank and get them down asap... they move a lot and its hard to pick the right one. Tank frames can make all the difference.

08-23-09, 11:57 AM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cimba View Post
Being quite new to nUI this might be a noob question - but i rather ask and learn than keep quiet and remain noob.
I've read thru a lot of posts but not found anything else about tankframes - yes I'm dps as well and share Todds philosophy on targetting.
1. are there any tankframes in nUi that i have not found yet? (in the meantime using Blizz standard tankframes - not pretty)
2. if not, is there any other addon that you recommend to help with this issue?

Like Todd says, the first skull is hardly a problem... but at Yoggs 25-man i.e. when all the different tentacles come up, i'd like to do my job, aid the tank and get them down asap... they move a lot and its hard to pick the right one. Tank frames can make all the difference.
There are no specific "Tank Frames" in the manner I believe you are thinking. The best you can do right now is to either use Focus (for a MT) or Assist Macros.

There may be an addon that specifically shows just Tanks and their targets, but I have not seen one yet.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » PVEFrames Support?