01-28-10, 06:32 PM   #1
khoinoor
Premium Member

Exclamation Help with Druid shapeshifting action bars

Hello again. Just dinged lvl 10 on my druid and since I learnt the shapeshift form my action bar stopped work.

O am using a Razer Naga mouse and so far it worked great with NUI, never had a problem with it. but since I learnt the bear form on my duid, I started have issues...

Even if I am on "normal form" and on main action bar are showed spels and abilityes for this status, when I hit the num mouse buttons (that are emulating as I am clicking the numa pad buttons), spell casted aren't those that appear on main action bar but those for bear form that is not active.

Any idea or suggestions on how I can fix that?

Thanks in advance for all kindly help, and my best regards

01-28-10, 07:44 PM   #2
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

It's a bug with our form bars.

I've experienced it on multiple occasions as a Healer; Since I use both bars setup for Caster form and Heal form. Currently the only solution I know is a quick Reload of the UI. [ /reload ui ]

I don't know if its a bug in nui or without it; I have a fair amount of druid friends that use other bar mods and don't seem to experience it. So I don't know what the basis of the problem is. But the reload does reset your bars for whatever spec, shift your in if your experiencing these problems.

01-29-10, 05:26 AM   #3
khoinoor
Premium Member

mhm... let's hope a fix will be found soon. While levelling can be not so good and fast operation have to reload UI do often

01-29-10, 06:18 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I never had problems before 3.3 with the 1 to = main action bar actions I am sure. Although it may be that I never used my keys but the mouse to click the actions.

Next time I jump on my druid I'll give it a test out. But that said, I never had the need to set up special key combos because of said reason that apart from the 1 to = keys I would not need to press short cuts as the others buttons were used less often and could be clicked without little time wasting.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-29-10, 07:21 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is very likely the key binding bug.

When you switch between caster and bear form, do the actions shown on the action bar change correctly, just the key bindings don't work anymore? Or are the actions not changing either?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-29-10, 09:15 AM   #6
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

This is the same thing I had posted about at one point.

When you shapeshift your bars change like normal, but the keybinds don't. So lets say the second button is Moonfire in caster form, And in Bear form Its Lacerate. So Im a bear, I leave bear form; my bar changes and I try to cast Moonfire, but alas, it says "not enough rage" .. and its trying to cast Lacerate. No matter if you physically click on the button or hit a keybind or macro that bar is saved to your previous form.

The only fix I've had was a reload of the ui, which i have conveniently macro'd now lol.

As a Dual Spec Tank/Heals I can see this from tree form/caster form/bear form/cat form - any way you take it... somewhat annoying, but when you have all your bars memorized if it happens you can fake it long enough to find a reload point lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Help with Druid shapeshifting action bars