Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-03-08, 08:17 AM   #1
Puck
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

New error for no reason

ok, first off I just wanna say I'm not an Addon rookie. I ran an average of 400-450 INSTALLED addons prior to 3.0. (Not all running at once on each character, but there for certain ones). I never had a single problem or error show up after doing my initial install / debug of the addons. But Blizzard hates me now, and thus has giving me nothing but problems with 3.0+

Ok, so here's the lowdown before we get to work. I had everything, FINALLY, working right without errors. I decided I was NOT going to be upgrading any of the addons that I had because they worked right. (Why fix something that's not broken!?) I installed EquipmentCompare because EQCompare didn't show me the tooltips in the compared and equip windows for RatingBuster. All I did was uncheck (Disable) EQCompare and enabled the other, logged in and started getting errors like no tomorrow. Altaholic being the biggest one not working right that made me upset. So I reverted back to how I was, rebooted and logged in, still errors. I have finally gotten it down to this one error now, and I cannot figure out what the problem is, so I'm hoping someone here can help me with my problem.

When I click on a link in chat / trade to view the info, it works just fine, but as soon as I close the tooltip, this is the error that I get:
GameTooltip_OnHide:
1 : Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:154: attempt to index local 'self' (a nil value)(tail call): ?:
<string>:"*:OnHide":1: in function `OnHide'
EQCompare-1.4\EQCompare.lua:381: in function <Interface\AddOns\EQCompare\EQCompare.lua:380>
(tail call): ?:
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'
Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:86: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:2>:
Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3569: in function <...ace\AddOns\Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3513>
<in C code>: in function `orgfunc'
Prat-3.0-3.0 (Beta Version) \services\links.lua:108: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat-3.0\services\links.lua:98>
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2454: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2453>:
<in C code>: in function `ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow'
<string>:"*:OnHyperlinkClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnHyperlinkClick"]:1>
:
Stubby-130\Stubby.lua:355: in function <Interface\AddOns\Stubby\Stubby.lua:325>
<string>:"*:OnHide":1: in function `OnHide'
EQCompare-1.4\EQCompare.lua:381: in function <Interface\AddOns\EQCompare\EQCompare.lua:380>
<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'
Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:86: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:2>:
Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3569: in function <...ace\AddOns\Blizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3513>
<in C code>: in function `orgfunc'
Prat-3.0-3.0 (Beta Version) \services\links.lua:108: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat-3.0\services\links.lua:98>
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2454: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2453>:
<in C code>: in function `ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow'
<string>:"*:OnHyperlinkClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnHyperlinkClick"]:1>

---
Now here's my problem: nothing really changed! I did end up updating Altaholic, and that works again. But I haven't updated anything else prior to this problem. And it only seems to be when I'm closing a tooltip from a linked item. It doesn't do it when I hover over it, only click on it and close it. Any help would be appreciated. If you really need a list of my addons, let me know I'll see what I can do. But there are 169 folders in my /addons/ directory.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » New error for no reason