Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-02-05, 05:43 PM   #17
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn
What do you mean we don't have a beta section? Beta section.
Oops, I stand corrected

Is there a way that I can "flip" the Default Top image?
As far as I know, this won't be possible until 1.9 via the API. I haven't delved any further though.

This is because, as far as I can tell, JLB is mainly artwork
This is absolutely correct. JLB is simply 2 frames, with textures applied to both.

There is, however, just a tad more to it. JLB tries to scale the frames automatically. It'll check your settings and it aims to have the frames as wide as your screen, and keep it's aspect ratio. It checks every 5 seconds and will resize if they've been messed with.

Keep in mind, I don't hide any frames for you. I don't want to assume anyone's using anything in particular, so I leave everything alone. I personally use FlexBar, and hide/resize the other frames using MoveAnything! and a small custom script I have personal tweaks in. My brother uses MA and CT_BottomBar, and I've seen Loz's DAB used as well. It's all personal preference really.

What is the main difference between 1800.6 and 1.9
One line of code (line 122). WoW 1.9 scales in an entirely different way than anything pre-1.9. I'm still not quite sure exactly how to figure out the correct scale, but I found a combination that seems to always return the correct scale. Keep in mind these textures were created at 1280 width, meaning the scale is already off by 0.2, and I have to compensate for that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » JasonLB (Coming Soon)