Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-06-10, 10:44 PM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by seebs View Post
It's really not that big a decision. This is a hobby. I play WoW to relax. It just stopped being relaxing.

Posting in the forums is the only way to actually get technical support -- email and phone both direct you to post in the forums. The forums are not optional.

Basically, though... I have too many friends for whom this is a much bigger deal breaker. If I stuck around and kept handing Blizzard money because it didn't directly affect me (it's not as though I keep my WoW hobby a secret), how do you think my friends would feel, the ones who loved the game but who have serious reasons not to be associated with their legal name? I think they'd feel like I didn't really care about things that matter to them. Blizzard screwed a lot of people over here. Even though I'm not really one of them, enough of my friends are that I feel like I have to stand with them on this matter.
I honestly can't find a valid argument against that.... And people here know I can find an argument against anything. So I'll just remind you that even if you don't play WoW anymore, (and I think I can safely say I speak for most of the people who regularly post in THESE forums) that you will always be welcome to join in to any discussions taking place here. Don't forget us...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Official forums: Real names only