Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-14-10, 12:20 PM   #1
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Worth it to continue work, or halt for now?

I've been working on a few different small projects to get used to LUA (I've spent nearly 2 years with C++/C#/PHP/Perl/Python, so I've definitely got some programming experience in general), as well as round out my UI for the past month or so. With the Beta released, and the end of Wrath soon™ approaching, I've been wondering if it'd even be worth continuing this late in the expansion, with the likelihood that what I'm working on will end up broken, and having to be completely redone.

I have a few friends trying to get me to complete them, a few telling me to hold off, and because of that, I've got conflicting thoughts about whether to continue or not. The whole idea of hard work possibly going to waste has been getting me into a bit of a slump. I guess I figured the AddOn community could be able to help me make up my mind on halting or continuing, or something.

PS: What's the probability that there may be changes to how AddOns handle textures, and image formats that can be used? If I do halt working on the actual code, I could still do a bit of the artwork, so I don't need to do that later on.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Worth it to continue work, or halt for now?