Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-24-05, 03:37 PM   #1
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

New patch screwed up mousemove...

I used to move primarily by holding the right mouse button to steer and either holding or releasing the left mouse button to go forward. Now, if I roll the mouse at all between holding the right and then left buttons, the character just turns and stands there. I have to release and re-apply both buttons to move.

I have seen this issue before, usually when exiting one of the core configuration screens, but relogging cleared it. Now even a complete uninstall/reinstall/repatch with no mods leaves the same problem. I have tried disabling the hardware mouse, tried turning off Logitech's extended controls driver, and of course made sure I have the latest drivers, all to no avail.

Of course Blizzard is not going to help, as this last patch has caused tons more technical issues. It interferes with the way I play enough that even after not being able to play the last couple days, now I find myself not really wanting to until it's fixed.

From the other threads I have read, it sounds like Blizzard messed with the way the game interprets mouse drivers, but since I'm apparently the only one who doesn't use or enjoy the rather "robotic" WASD movement, I have a feeling that this is going to remain broken until I quit.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » New patch screwed up mousemove...