Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-10-10, 02:51 AM   #1
oopsminded
A Murloc Raider
Moving the default Blizzard floating combat text

This is from a green post on the WoW UI&Macros forums:
To set the record straight:

The floating combat text that appears over other characters or mobs is handled through the 3D world, but the floating combat text over your own character is a frame provided by a Blizzard add-on and can be relocated.
1. what add-ons out there are doing this, and this only, if possible?

2. if you don't know of any, do you know what the name of this frame actually is, so maybe a script or small add-on could be made?

3. I ended it up asking here after googling and looking through a lot of the Combat Text add-ons out there; I've seen a lot of people asking for 2 things about the default floating combat text - "how to make it smaller" and "how to move it" without changing anything else. Well, I can tell you, after trying very many of them, that there is one that changes the default combat's text font and size without pixelating, distorting it - Blizzard SCT Font Size Control.

So now, anyone that can help me - and others like me - with the moving part?

Thanks a lot.

disclaimer: this is all about the default Blizzard scrolling/floating combat text, NOT about the floating damage font on top of the mobs/players you attack/heal

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Moving the default Blizzard floating combat text