Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-26-12, 06:01 AM   #21
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think Blizz are a bit messy, making different popups and API for the different situations, if you are getting the popup queue thing it's one function, then if you get it while inside it's another and so forth. I haven't tested myself, that is why I am so inaccurate too, just trying to give tips on what I find.

The LFR, LFD and LFG files together make the dungeon finder, so some common functions are in the LFG one, while pure raid once should all be in the LFR.

I think the API you mention only return proper data at certain event, maybe only when they are asked to be shown to the player, after that they go away and the data isn't updated, am I right?

Things Blizzard should add are the ability to track alive/dead bosses in your raid, and the ability to determine when a boss is engaged and is defeated (not all bosses die and fire UNIT_DEAD) so these events would be very useful and make a lot of boss and raiding code easier to make. Maybe they will do this when they make their own boss mod, I think they mentioned that in the past, maybe they already did with their built in raid emotes and warnings. Shame... :3

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Raid/dungeons event and data