Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-10-12, 11:04 AM   #1
Minnetonka
A Defias Bandit
No Thanks No Update

I think the way the author(s) of Carbonite are acting towards the efforts of Rythal is completely disgusting. Rythal took time out of his life to FIX this addon. He did NOT ask for anything in return. In fact he asked that any donations should be made to the author(s). Also being the awesome guy Rythal is he removed his fan update of the addon from the internet upon announcement of 5.0.41. He never asked for a thanks but I think he deserves one and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me. I went out of my way to register on these forums just because I am sickened of the way Rythal is being treated. That being said, until Rythal receives some kind of thanks/apology from the author(s) of Carbonite I will NOT be updating to the new version (which I heard doesn't work right anyway). I will continue using Rythal's fan update of Carbonite until it stops working. If anyone does not have Rythal's fan update and would like it, I wil be more than happy to upload it to a torrent website or even burn it on a cd and mail it to you if I have to. This act of "douchebaggery" is appalling and I hope the author(s) make it right with at least a thanks to Rythal. Please do the right thing so I can continue updating and using Carbonite.

P.S.
How do I remove the annoying chat message "This version of Carbonite is pretty old." "Please visit carboniteaddon.com for an update."? I will no longer wish to hear about any updates until Rythal gets what he deserves.....a THANK YOU!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » No Thanks No Update