Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-30-06, 01:48 AM   #29
Pherenik
A Kobold Labourer
Hello Grayhoof, got a sure-its-answered-a-thousand-times-before question O:-)

Well i was doing my own addon with some message broadcasting on it, thing is i got an idea which was to use your SCT as a pattern to display the messages. Ok, so i managed to get it working but however i though not everyone has SCT installed and was trying to make a way to check if it is enabled on the current user.

I mean, does there exists a way to make a check without making my addon not usable without having SCT as a dependency?

My addon parses a text sent via channel and then proceeds to display a message depending the key obtained in the parse. I think structure should be that one:

Code:
if (SCT IS ON) then
   SCT:Display_Event("SHOWHIT", "MESSAGE", 1) -- according to last SCT way to display events
else
   UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage("MESSAGE!",1,0.87,0.40,1,2); -- simple raid waring-like text
end
So you see, what i'm asking is what should be in the "SCT IS ON" part of the if? Is that possible? And of course, i am doing something not legal (or at least your are not agree with) by using your SCT:Display_Event function?

Thanks in advance.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Scrolling Combat Text