Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-20-07, 07:58 PM   #1
phaze112
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
SCT_event_config (lua questions)

in SCT_event_config.lua,

I have been trying to add my own custom events. Events not only for myself but events on my enemy or even friendly players.

The 'search' field is where my confusion lies. At the top he describes it and says, "You can now use normal LUA expressions to capture data." I am not totally sure what that means, but let me try and explain what I am trying to accomplish here.

I want to be able to detect when an enemy or even an arena team member gets a certain type of debuff. I can easliy detect my debuffs and such by searching for "you are afflicted by...". I can also set the same for an arena team member. But i do'nt see how i can detect if an enemy gains a debuff.

Could i put in the search field something like "%t casts Dispel Magic on %t" ?
Right now I have it triggered to know if someone casts it on me as "casts Dispel Magic on you" which works out great!

But i guess I'm just really unsure about what he meant by "lua expressions" and if there are some that can help me accomplish my goals. I see he uses (.+), but I am unsure what that means when he uses it.

Thank you all for your help.

Travis

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » SCT_event_config (lua questions)