Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-04-08, 03:19 AM   #1
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Updating Addons when author is absent?

Please can someone clarify what our options are when there is a popular addon that needs bug fixes but the author is absent?

The specific case here is that GFW_HuntersHelper has some show-stopper bugs that users are suggesting fixes for but the author (Gazmik) is not currently contactable. This means we cannot incorporate these fixes into the addon officially and cannot get help tracking down the remaining bugs.

Now I must stress that Gazmik has not declared that he is no longer supporting the addon, he has just not replied to posts by users here on WoWinterface or emails sent in the past month.

I would *like* to create a branch of this Addon under my own name but crediting Gazmik so that we can incorporate the cumulative fixes, but I appreciate that the code to date is the property of Gazmik. I don't feel capable of creating a whole new addon from scratch, I was just hoping to either "caretaker" the addon till he gets back or update a "tribute" copy, again till his return.

Admins, please can you tell me what my options are here before I tread on any toes as I'd like to do the correct thing and help maintain this excellent addon.

Thanks in advance.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Updating Addons when author is absent?