01-01-15, 01:46 AM   #1
pyrephoenix
A Kobold Labourer
I've been having this happen for months; since at least the beginning of 6.0 if not back to 5.8. At the time I didn't have Carbonite installed as I had too many other addons that were incompatible with it whilst in limbo. I've also seen reports that it could be potentially related to Altoholic/DataStore somehow.

Not saying there's nothing in Carbonite causing it, just that it may not be the only culprit--it may get fixed here and not elsewhere.

01-01-15, 03:31 AM   #2
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

It's a Problem of cross-realm future (BlizzBug), I had this also without any addons, it is only bad that the failure comes more often with addons loaded.

Greetings Samyonair

01-03-15, 09:05 AM   #3
Jynyvieve
A Fallenroot Satyr
I wanted to add in my voice here too. I get this non stop with social enabled. I run only carbonite, no other addons. Previous to WoD I would get a "hiccup" here and there where it would tell me twice sometimes three times that player named ... not found or not currently playing. Since WoD I have not gotten that notification more than the one time when the person logs off. Then I installed Carb from Curse and now I get it nonstop.

01-03-15, 09:48 AM   #4
gOOvER
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
But this have nothing to do with Carbonite. Doesn't matter if i enabled or disabled Social. I got the same Numbers of Messages

So report this to Blizzard. Thats the easiest way

01-03-15, 11:34 AM   #5
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

That is what blizzard says to this:
Tailyda
Customer Service

11/10/2012 19:16Posted by Omachi
Updated any chat addons you have?

I read that in a Yoda voice ><

Please do reset your User Interface Exilliance as this should resolve your issue.

Instructions on how to do this if you are unsure, can be found here.

Reset UI - WTF, Cache, and Interface folders
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641315#3
old Post

or Recount and Datastore blames

greetings Samyonair

01-03-15, 11:51 AM   #6
Jynyvieve
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok, I want to reiterate that there has got to be a hang up between social and blizzard. I turn off social, I don't get "no player...." spam. I turn on social I get "no player..." spam. I do not run any other addons. If I do not get this message when running zero addons, then it appears the moment I log into the game with social enabled and only goes away when I disable social - reasoning would suggest there is a problem with the addon interacting with the blizzard interface. So saying put a ticket in to blizzard about this is not going to solve it since it does not happen with the blizzard interface only activated. I hope this clears things up.

Edited to add: I am on a new laptop as well. Was a fresh download of WoW with no previous versions of carbonite having been downloaded so there was nothing in cache or wtf to clear.

Last edited by Jynyvieve : 01-03-15 at 12:27 PM.

01-03-15, 03:50 PM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jynyvieve View Post
Ok, I want to reiterate that there has got to be a hang up between social and blizzard. I turn off social, I don't get "no player...." spam. I turn on social I get "no player..." spam. I do not run any other addons. If I do not get this message when running zero addons, then it appears the moment I log into the game with social enabled and only goes away when I disable social - reasoning would suggest there is a problem with the addon interacting with the blizzard interface. So saying put a ticket in to blizzard about this is not going to solve it since it does not happen with the blizzard interface only activated. I hope this clears things up.

Edited to add: I am on a new laptop as well. Was a fresh download of WoW with no previous versions of carbonite having been downloaded so there was nothing in cache or wtf to clear.
But its bug in Blizzard WoW API since Carbonite uses Event FRIENDLIST_UPDATE, but it isnt fired everytime friend logs out as it should.

Last edited by ircdirk : 01-03-15 at 03:57 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Social Module » "No player named '[Player Name]' is currently playing."