10-10-08, 02:28 PM   #1
Vangerdahast
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
EnhToolTip Overlapping Tiptac

Ive used tiptac as my tooltip for a while.
Added the auctioneer stuff in and now enhtooltip and tiptac are overlapping

How can i fix this?
10-10-08, 03:36 PM   #2
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vangerdahast View Post
Ive used tiptac as my tooltip for a while.
Added the auctioneer stuff in and now enhtooltip and tiptac are overlapping

How can i fix this?
Remove one of them, if you are using the auc-suite, then ditch tiptac.
10-10-08, 04:19 PM   #3
Vangerdahast
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Alright

All i used tiptac for was more highlighting units, and having a lot more info there
10-11-08, 09:12 PM   #4
Vangerdahast
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Took off tiptac, even then it is still overlapping stuff.

The only reason i even want is because of enchantrix, but thats dependant on EnhToolTip

-Edit-

Fixed it, for anyone else who might have the problem here is my solution

In tiptac change the MouseAnchorYoffset to 180.
This will make the tool tip a bit higher on the screen but will move it above the enhtooltip stuff, so you can see all of it.

Last edited by Vangerdahast : 10-11-08 at 09:18 PM.
10-13-08, 11:19 PM   #5
valindria
A Defias Bandit
I installed AucSuite and I also use TipTac and have for a while. I also installed Enchantrix [which came with Swatter, Bean Counter and other items] and when I hovered over my inventory bags [which is ArkInventory and never given me a problem], I get disconnected. Hovering over spells is fine, but once I open my inventory and move my mouse over the window, I get D/Ced every single time.

I went back and deleted AucSuite and all the stuff I had added today and it's still doing it. I also cannot seem to find the file that tells me where the addons are clashing so I can correct it; and I could have sworn there was a file to help the player determine conflicts.

Any pointers? I'm sure I'm missing something, but I don't like just deleting files without knowing what they do, heh.
10-13-08, 11:36 PM   #6
valindria
A Defias Bandit
I think I found the partial culprit, as I don't know if this actually makes AucSuite and Enchantrix unwise for me to use with my AddOn list [I have several]:

Fizzwidget's Disenchant Predictor updated today for Wrath and it's not stable for use on most live realms. If you use this, turn it off for now [this also includes AdSpace] and use it again when Wrath is live.

I also use the UI Manager [of which I am VERY grateful for, it's a genius piece of work and I use it religiously!] and it automatically picks up updates for AddOns installed. So if you use Fizzwidget's, you'll have to manually turn it off before you play.
10-14-08, 09:38 AM   #7
Aesir
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EnhTooltip in Auctioneer is used for several functions in that suite. It may also be used by other 3rd party addons.

To minimize 'collisions' between different addons that extend default blizzard tooltips, and as a way to customize the EnhTooltip options for Auctioneer users, there is a fairly extensive set of configuration options available for EnhTooltip.

Point being, you can toggle whether or not EnhTooltip is used for different objects within the user interface. You can also disable EnhTooltips from being shown by any 3rd party addons that might call EnhTooltip.

For example, I turn it off on the bags bar, because I don't necessarily want to see pricing information and stats for my inventory bags. There are about a dozen other toggle options available. Check the configuration options for EnhTooltip for more info.
10-19-08, 05:00 AM   #8
etsmith3
A Kobold Labourer
Had to register to reply to this one as I had the same problem and could not find a good fix for it.
Anyways, here is the fix I found.
In TipTac options have Non-Unit Anchor type set to Smart Anchor.
I normally had this and Unit Anchor type set to mouse anchor and this was causing the overlap. Set the Non-Unit to Smart and this should fix the problem.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » EnhToolTip Overlapping Tiptac