10-22-08, 03:05 AM   #1
Masaq
An Aku'mai Servant
couple of niggling things with my addons

Hi folks,

Been a while since I posted. With thanks to Seerah I finally got my UI sorted out quite some time ago. If I didn't thank you then Seerah, then my apologies and thank you now.

Anyways, with the 3.0 patches I've had to redo a lot of things. Mostly sorted except a couple of niggling issues and not sure what's causing it or what options I need to change.

Note: all addons are updated, I update daily so just wanted to clear that part up.

Firstly, Prat. Working mostly fine. But...often when I receive a whisper I get a [W from:] (this is the way I set it up in prat) but I don't get any name. I have to hit "R" to see who it was that sent me the whisper. This works for some guildies, but not all. Not game-breaking but occasionally annoying. Question is, is this something I need to change/check in Prat settings, or could this have something to do with SpamMeNot?

Secondly, ClearFont2. It is updated, but in my bugsack sessions...I get 7 to 9 errors on login, and more as I open up tradeskill windows and so on. Doesn't seem to affect the gameplay or anything else, but all the errors seem to point to ClearFont2 as being the issue.

{EDIT} Forgot one other thing. Since the patch, I've noticed that I no longer see a faint "cooldown spiral" showing me my GCD. Can't remember if there's an option for that or not. The addons that I "think" may have something to do with that are Buffalo, BT4, ButtonFacade and CooldownCount. Any ideas?

Any info, ideas or help with these would be greatly appreciated please. There may be a couple more q's once I login, can't remember any others at the moment.

Mas

Last edited by Masaq : 10-22-08 at 04:29 AM.
10-22-08, 03:59 AM   #2
kinkyafro
An Aku'mai Servant
You could always do without Clearfont. You don't need the addons to change fonts at all - if you read the readme.txt that comes with the addon it shows you how to replace all fonts just by using the Fonts folder.

Regarding the Prat issue, could be Spammenot, disable it and test Or try another chat addon and see if the issue goes away. PhanxChat is very nice.
10-22-08, 04:26 AM   #3
Masaq
An Aku'mai Servant
Regarding Clearfont and changing the fonts in the wow folder, is that a reversible process in case I change my mind at a later date?

In regards Prat, at the moment I'd prefer to try and get the issue solved with the current addons I have. Will try disabling SpamMeNot and see if that does anything.
10-22-08, 04:47 AM   #4
kinkyafro
An Aku'mai Servant
Yep, to reverse you delete the fonts folder. All gone.
10-22-08, 06:48 AM   #5
Masaq
An Aku'mai Servant
Ok as far as replacing the fonts used by wow by following the clearfont2 readme.

It says to "# Create the following folder:

* <WoW directory>\Fonts\

# Create four copies of the font file of your choice, place them in the above folder, and rename them to the following names:

* FRIZQT__.ttf (the main UI font)
* ARIALN.ttf (the normal number font)
* skurri.ttf (the 'huge' number font)
* MORPHEUS.ttf (Mail, Quest Log font)"

The thing is, if for example I want to use Calibri_v0.9. Inside the Calibri folder are 4 files, Calibri.ttf, CalibriBold.ttf, CalibriBoldItalic.ttf and CalibriItalic.ttf.

Which one am I supposed to rename? Because each "original" file seems to be for normal, bold, bolditalic and italic, and therefore all 4 are needed aren't they?
10-22-08, 07:44 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Masaq View Post
The thing is, if for example I want to use Calibri_v0.9. Inside the Calibri folder are 4 files, Calibri.ttf, CalibriBold.ttf, CalibriBoldItalic.ttf and CalibriItalic.ttf.

Which one am I supposed to rename? Because each "original" file seems to be for normal, bold, bolditalic and italic, and therefore all 4 are needed aren't they?
Just pick the font face you want to use and do the rename. Calibiri.ttf would be good for all the fonts. Maybe for the Skurri replacement try CalibiriBold.ttf, however its your choice.
10-22-08, 12:23 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The readme should say which game font is for bold/italic/etc. At least where it's used in the game. And ClearFont2 was not updated for 3.0, that's why you were having issues with it.

Prat3.0 has been working fine for me, however, and I'm guessing you have another addon conflicting with it. Do you get the same behavior with Prat3.0 being the only addon enabled?

For the global cooldown spiral, I'm not sure why you're not seeing that... Did you try disabling mods to see if that fixes it?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-23-08, 10:52 AM   #8
Masaq
An Aku'mai Servant
Small update

The clearfont2 issue is great now. The Fonts folder and the directions from the readme and clarification from you guys worked like a charm. Even better that I don't need the addon anymore.

The GCD spiral cooldown issue is fixed. It was actually an option in ButtonFacade that I'd over-looked thinking it did something else.

The thing with my whispers not showing the player name sending it still isnt fixed yet. Will try disabling addons to see which one might be interfering with it. If it turns out not to be a conflict with another addon, is there an option somewhere in Prat that might be causing this problem?

Cheers,

Mas

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » couple of niggling things with my addons