10-28-08, 05:50 AM   #1
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Mazzle "like" HuD

Hey,

I'm using one of the 3 Mazzle-Look-Alike Compilations. Works good so far.

What I don't like is the HUD. Right now I use AbraxasUI with IceHud. Before I tried other HuDs.

Is there any way to get a simple HuD like Mazzle? Left Me + Mana, Right my Enemy + Mana.

I don't need all that other stuff (target of target, cast bars, buffs).

And is there ANY way to have a mazzle-like Art for the HuD? I love those. Or is there a HuD that can use custom art? (I'm sure if I import it for personal use without releasing it, I should be fine from copyright standpoint)
10-28-08, 06:02 AM   #2
kinkyafro
An Aku'mai Servant
If you have IceHUD then why not just turn off the modules you don't want?
10-28-08, 06:54 AM   #3
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by kinkyafro View Post
If you have IceHUD then why not just turn off the modules you don't want?
I did that.

Still it looks not like I want it. First it has HP + Enemy HP left and My Mana + Enemy Mana right.

I want the mazzle way. My HP BIG, My Mana small left and Enemy HP BIG, Enemy Mana small right.

So: My Left, Enemy right, I don't know how to do it with IceHUD
More Important: the LOOK of Mazzle HuD IS incredible. I want that back!
10-28-08, 08:11 AM   #4
alenda
A Cliff Giant

I originally wanted to pull the art files from the MazzleHUD and insert them into another HUD program until the mazzifier is back on it's feet, but after perusing the forums for so long, I realized that it's pretty much stealing Mazz' work, so I stopped. =(
10-28-08, 08:26 AM   #5
RonnieW
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sarkan-ZdC View Post

Still it looks not like I want it. First it has HP + Enemy HP left and My Mana + Enemy Mana right.

I want the mazzle way. My HP BIG, My Mana small left and Enemy HP BIG, Enemy Mana small right.

You should have a look at the options menu, you can set it up however you want. Side, size, position, v-space everything.
10-28-08, 12:38 PM   #6
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

MetaHud is another good hud prog vary feature rich. it had a lot of redundent stuff but highly costumizable.
10-28-08, 12:46 PM   #7
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
MetaHud is another good hud prog vary feature rich. it had a lot of redundent stuff but highly costumizable.
I used that a long time ago. If I look at it, Aggro Alert, PvP Status, Hides Player and Target Frames, Cast Bar..

It is again one of those over kill HUDs. I just want a simple one
10-28-08, 01:42 PM   #8
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I did that.

Back when I was using HUDs i like MetaHUD, because I liked the way it looked over IceHUD. I didn't understand why IceHUD was so popular (had so many downloads and on so many favorite lists). Then I gave IceHUD a try to take a look at it. If you go into options you can change the skin on the bars to look like the original Mazzle UI HUD. You can also go in and change the position (x,y settings and which side they display on) of any of the bars. It takes a few minutes to set up (probably around 10-15 if you go setting by setting and look at everything the mod offers), but once you take the time to get it the way you want, I'm sure you'll be happy with the way it looks and performs. It may have more features that you're looking for in a HUD, but you can turn any feature you don't care about off, and customize the ones you want to show.

Just take some time and look at all of the options in the config menu and try out a few different skins and setups until you have it the way you really want it.
10-28-08, 04:15 PM   #9
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I did that.

I grabbed Dhud and it was closer to the Mazzle HUD than any of the others I've used. The bars are set identical to what you described out of the box. Give it a try.
10-29-08, 04:55 AM   #10
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I grabbed Dhud and it was closer to the Mazzle HUD than any of the others I've used. The bars are set identical to what you described out of the box. Give it a try.
Ah! Now THAT is a good tip! I'll give it a try!

Thanks!

If that is not working, I still have IceHud and I did open the menu of it, but had not enough time to play with it (did change skins and layout, but not mazzle *g*)
10-29-08, 10:32 PM   #11
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
What I really liked about Mazzle HUD was the fact you could be toodling along doing your own thing and then suddenly the HUD popped up and you KNEW you were being attacked ... but while you were not attacking, or proned to attack something out of range, the viewport was clear as a whistle....

... now if I can find a HUD that does that... I would be really one happy camper.

Any recommendations?... btw.. currently using IceHud, and its very nice.
10-30-08, 05:14 AM   #12
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by LadySilverwolf View Post
What I really liked about Mazzle HUD was the fact you could be toodling along doing your own thing and then suddenly the HUD popped up and you KNEW you were being attacked ... but while you were not attacking, or proned to attack something out of range, the viewport was clear as a whistle....

... now if I can find a HUD that does that... I would be really one happy camper.

Any recommendations?... btw.. currently using IceHud, and its very nice.

IceHud does this... go to options, and play w. the transparancy settings. Its should say something like OOC (out of combat) Alpha and IC (in combat) alpha.... Turn the OOC setting all the way down

-Star
10-30-08, 05:23 AM   #13
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Thank you Starchild! I thought I had loooked, but perhaps I got easily distracted by other variables I was attempting to mimic while setting up my own 'look-a-like' Mazzle interface.
10-30-08, 02:02 PM   #14
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
IceHUD allows you to make them transparent, but the numbers that are under the bars are still visible, and you can still click on the bars and select yourself.

ArcHUD and I believe DHUD both make everything transparent, and unable to be clicked.
10-30-08, 02:50 PM   #15
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by malathar View Post
IceHUD allows you to make them transparent, but the numbers that are under the bars are still visible, and you can still click on the bars and select yourself.

ArcHUD and I believe DHUD both make everything transparent, and unable to be clicked.

Yeah, both are not clickable, bar style from Dhud is more like Mazzle's though, and Dhud seems to use less resources than any I've tried yet.
10-31-08, 06:36 PM   #16
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by malathar View Post

You can chage those settings as well in icehud, everything is customizable. The text can be set to disapear as well and you can make the bars unclickable. You guys really just need to look into the options more.
11-01-08, 09:16 AM   #17
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
*nodsnods* very true, and I have, and I appreciate all the help and advice. Thanks again.

Sometimes a person just gets lost in resetting their UI ... and the forget the small things.

Thanks again for the wonderful tips. I usually am more intuitive...
11-02-08, 02:08 AM   #18
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Is DHUD something similar as DaHud ?

Because i use DaHud atm and thats not yet fixed for 3.02 so it produces a few minor bug reports.
11-02-08, 04:57 AM   #19
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

There is a hud addon I use called ArcHud2 from wowace and ive used it for a long time its simple and you can set it up to only appear when you enter combat, I dont know ive used IceHUD, DHud and ArcHud2. Also used mazzle a long time ago but at any rate out of all the hud mods ive used besides mazzle's cause that one was awesome I prefer archud over any of them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle "like" HuD