fish2k
A Murloc Raider
Hmm I think Maul likes the thread more than the "Feature request" page

Can you please look at http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...featureid=3060
Otherwise I have to change Macaroon everytime I download a new version

Thanks

Edit:
Maybe I should buy him a coke :S

Last edited by fish2k : 10-31-08 at 01:59 PM.

10-31-08, 02:13 PM   #302
JuGGaLoLoVe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by fish2k View Post
At least he is not a Pepsi drinker ....

10-31-08, 02:37 PM   #303
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm I think Maul likes the thread more than the "Feature request" page

Can you please look at http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...featureid=3060
Otherwise I have to change Macaroon everytime I download a new version

Thanks

Edit:
I have seen it I just have not done my bug/feature pass yet w/comments. I am working on finishing partially implemented features and any bugs that are not good to have in daily use.

I do have a plan to make macros more than what they are currently, just neeed to wait a bit

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-31-08, 02:48 PM   #304
fish2k
A Murloc Raider
Ok

But I hope you don't mess up because there are so many open tickets.

10-31-08, 04:58 PM   #305
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Ok

But I hope you don't mess up because there are so many open tickets.
That is why I use the ticket system, so I do not forget Now mess up, I might do

I have two weeks to get Macaroon 100% with its current feature set. Once done, then I can focus on new features

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-31-08, 06:23 PM   #306
NavyFC
A Murloc Raider
I have two questions to try to get more out of Macaroon:

1. Why use states when you can use the built in ones? Take the example given in the OP... All states exampled are quite easily set up using the stance and prowl checkboxes from the bar menu. As I understand from the example, states are nothing more than the conditionals you would put in a macro, right? Aren't most/all of those conditionals built into the bar menu? Help me out with this one, I get a sinking feeling that I'm missing out on a very powerful part of this mod that I just don't understand (I don't understand the linking stuff either).

2. Is it possible to create a button that would change spells based on what button was pushed on another bar? How about a button that when moused over revealed the rest of the bar or revealed another bar entirely? This may be answered by answering the above question, but I want to try to get a specific answer here. I am trying to basically recreate some of the functionality of AutoBar (in an effort to trim my mod folder and memory use a bit). If I am not clear on what I am asking, let me give an example: For my Pally, I don't always want to see all the auras, but they need to be quickly available. I would like to see one aura button with the aura I last selected on it and when I mouse over that button, it shows me all of my auras and clicking one of those will activate that aura and set the original button to the new aura. The auras it revealed would have to stay up long enough for a mouse click, but disappear once one is clicked or the mouse is moved away from the area.

I hope these possibilities already exist in Macaroon. Regardless if they do or not, I absolutely love this mod as it has been an excellent upgrade to the TrinityBars heritage.

Thank you Maul and thank you in advance to the brains out there that are deciphering this puzzle for me!

10-31-08, 08:37 PM   #307
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by NavyFC View Post
I have two questions to try to get more out of Macaroon:

1. Why use states when you can use the built in ones? Take the example given in the OP... All states exampled are quite easily set up using the stance and prowl checkboxes from the bar menu. As I understand from the example, states are nothing more than the conditionals you would put in a macro, right? Aren't most/all of those conditionals built into the bar menu? Help me out with this one, I get a sinking feeling that I'm missing out on a very powerful part of this mod that I just don't understand (I don't understand the linking stuff either).

2. Is it possible to create a button that would change spells based on what button was pushed on another bar? How about a button that when moused over revealed the rest of the bar or revealed another bar entirely? This may be answered by answering the above question, but I want to try to get a specific answer here. I am trying to basically recreate some of the functionality of AutoBar (in an effort to trim my mod folder and memory use a bit). If I am not clear on what I am asking, let me give an example: For my Pally, I don't always want to see all the auras, but they need to be quickly available. I would like to see one aura button with the aura I last selected on it and when I mouse over that button, it shows me all of my auras and clicking one of those will activate that aura and set the original button to the new aura. The auras it revealed would have to stay up long enough for a mouse click, but disappear once one is clicked or the mouse is moved away from the area.

I hope these possibilities already exist in Macaroon. Regardless if they do or not, I absolutely love this mod as it has been an excellent upgrade to the TrinityBars heritage.

Thank you Maul and thank you in advance to the brains out there that are deciphering this puzzle for me!
For #1, its a matter of flexibility and combinations, heres an example of what I use on my priest:

[actionbar:1, nomod]
[actionbar:1, mod:shift]
[actionbar:1, mod:alt/ctrl]
[actionbar:2, nomod]
[actionbar:2, mod:shift]
[actionbar:2, mod:alt/ctrl]
[actionbar:3, nomod]
[actionbar:3, mod:shift]
[actionbar:3, mod:alt/ctrl]

then I create 3 buttons with:

/itemrack EquipSet (Healing/PVP/DPS)
/changeactionbar (1/2/3)

and disable changing actionbars via the mouse wheel (so it doesnt get accidentally changed in combat). These states go into every bar I make except a few generic ones for professions/quest items/etc and make it so I have 3 custom states for my bars, one for each set of gear I use for various tasks. When I click one of my 3 state change buttons I immediately go into that gear set (OOC, in combat it just changes weapons) and have all the buttons I need for that task placed as I like them (so, instead of Alt/Ctrl+4 for fear on my healing bars, it moves to E on my PVP bars - much easier to access for when I need it most).

If your a warrior or druid or any class that has real stances, you can do something like this:

[stance:1, nomod]
[stance:1, mod:shift]
[stance:1, mod:alt/ctrl]
[stance:2, nomod]
[stance:2, mod:shift]
[stance:2, mod:alt/ctrl]
[stance:3, nomod]
[stance:3, mod:shift]
[stance:3, mod:alt/ctrl]

etc, for fully customizable bars in each stance, better yet, if you find you want your shift button to have its own bar independent of stance change it to this:

[mod:shift]
[stance:1, nomod]
[stance:1, mod:alt/ctrl]
[stance:2, nomod]
[stance:2, mod:alt/ctrl]
[stance:3, nomod]
[stance:3, mod:alt/ctrl]

and if you want to get really damn crazy you can do this and have each stance have not only its own shift/ctrl/alt bars, but also 6 fully functional actionbar pages to use:

[stance:1, actionbar:1, nomod]
[stance:1, actionbar:2, nomod]
[stance:1, actionbar:3, nomod]
[stance:1, actionbar:4, nomod]
[stance:1, actionbar:5, nomod]
[stance:1, actionbar:6, nomod]
[stance:1, actionbar:1, mod:shift]
[stance:1, actionbar:2, mod:shift]
[stance:1, actionbar:3, mod:shift]
[stance:1, actionbar:4, mod:shift]
[stance:1, actionbar:5, mod:shift]
[stance:1, actionbar:6, mod:shift]
[stance:1, actionbar:1, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:1, actionbar:2, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:1, actionbar:3, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:1, actionbar:4, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:1, actionbar:5, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:1, actionbar:6, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:2, actionbar:1, nomod]
[stance:2, actionbar:2, nomod]
[stance:2, actionbar:3, nomod]
[stance:2, actionbar:4, nomod]
[stance:2, actionbar:5, nomod]
[stance:2, actionbar:6, nomod]
[stance:2, actionbar:1, mod:shift]
[stance:2, actionbar:2, mod:shift]
[stance:2, actionbar:3, mod:shift]
[stance:2, actionbar:4, mod:shift]
[stance:2, actionbar:5, mod:shift]
[stance:2, actionbar:6, mod:shift]
[stance:2, actionbar:1, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:2, actionbar:2, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:2, actionbar:3, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:2, actionbar:4, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:2, actionbar:5, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:2, actionbar:6, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:3, actionbar:1, nomod]
[stance:3, actionbar:2, nomod]
[stance:3, actionbar:3, nomod]
[stance:3, actionbar:4, nomod]
[stance:3, actionbar:5, nomod]
[stance:3, actionbar:6, nomod]
[stance:3, actionbar:1, mod:shift]
[stance:3, actionbar:2, mod:shift]
[stance:3, actionbar:3, mod:shift]
[stance:3, actionbar:4, mod:shift]
[stance:3, actionbar:5, mod:shift]
[stance:3, actionbar:6, mod:shift]
[stance:3, actionbar:1, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:3, actionbar:2, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:3, actionbar:3, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:3, actionbar:4, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:3, actionbar:5, mod:ctrl/alt]
[stance:3, actionbar:6, mod:ctrl/alt]

If you ever need that, you have too many buttons :P
(note: I use ctrl and alt as the same bar, but you can break them up if you want, "/" is used for a logical "or" so you can have any combinations of values if you use / to seperate them). The checkboxes allow users not comfortable with macros to get a lot of the functionality (maybe all, when combined with linking) out of macaroon without actually having to know all the stuff above, but if you have a moderate grasp of macro commands you can tell macaroon exactly what you want it to do via custom states and skip the other check boxes entirely if you so wish (excepting things like autohide which only control the look of the bar, not its actions). Sometimes you wont need the flexibility of custom states and you can use the check boxes to save time/effort, but you could not do any of the above examples with the check boxes alone.

as to #2, I believe this is what Maul means when he talks about anchor bars, which are not yet implemented. I cant say for sure however. Changing spells based on what was pushed on another bar might have to be done via a trick like what I use for actionbar pages, but the rest sounds like anchor bars.

Last edited by Feldoth : 10-31-08 at 09:04 PM.

10-31-08, 10:39 PM   #308
mccarlson
A Defias Bandit
Macaroon gives me a woody. WoW just sucks without it. Thanks for making this MOD to improve WoW so much! (I'm an ex-Trinity Bars user, which I loved, and Macaroon works just great as it's replacement).

11-01-08, 07:27 AM   #309
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by mccarlson View Post
Macaroon gives me a woody. WoW just sucks without it. Thanks for making this MOD to improve WoW so much! (I'm an ex-Trinity Bars user, which I loved, and Macaroon works just great as it's replacement).
Hehe, thanks

And to Feldoth, thanks for the explanation! it was great And yes, you got #2 right, it is for anchor buttons which in the current build I am working on seem to be working 100% ^^. The last update I forget to re-disable that panel as I had been doing previously, so you were not supposed to see it yet

A few more things and a new update with new bells and whistles is around the corner

11-02-08, 11:07 PM   #310
Owee
A Kobold Labourer
Loot Bar Oops

i screwed up and deleted my loot bar. is there a /command to bring it back or do i uninstall/reinstall macaroon? i tried uninstall/reinstall of mac x-tras only with no success. the interface 'remembers' i deleted it. only other fix i know of is to reset wow, ugh, and start over. please help :P

11-02-08, 11:32 PM   #311
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Owee View Post
i screwed up and deleted my loot bar. is there a /command to bring it back or do i uninstall/reinstall macaroon? i tried uninstall/reinstall of mac x-tras only with no success. the interface 'remembers' i deleted it. only other fix i know of is to reset wow, ugh, and start over. please help :P
/mac create loot

/mac config

<select new loot bar>

/mac add 4

11-03-08, 02:18 PM   #312
Darkspell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
PvP and Battlegrounds

I have seen this request before in the thread, but no answer yet.

Is there a way to make a custom state for either of the above? I have certain macros I only use in BGs and want the bar hidden the rest of the time.

Thanks.

11-03-08, 09:42 PM   #313
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
I dont think this is currently possible. Maul might be able to add functionality to determine when you are in a BG, but there is no custom state that could do this (remember, custom states = macro conditionals). I suggest you go to the feature request page and write up your suggestion. In the mean time you could use action bar pages ([bar:1-6]) instead, combined with /changeactionbar # (see example of this above). Or, if you already use paged bars you can wait until profiles are fully implemented, then you could just create a BG profile and use a /command to load it. If it absolutely MUST be automatic, the only thing I can think of that would work right now is by combining [bar] with ItemRack events (I'm pretty sure theres an event for BGs), using the LUA code for changing bars.

11-03-08, 10:05 PM   #314
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

I was able to fake a pvp conditional in Trinity Bars, and I am currently trying to figure out how I can accomplish it in Macaroon.

11-04-08, 03:36 PM   #315
NavyFC
A Murloc Raider
Alrighty Maul, you've done the great task of adding in anchor buttons with click and mouseover options, thank you!

*sheepish* How do I use it?

I have messed with the button options to anchor the button to another bar but it appears that an action (or usable macro) has to be present in order for it to work. What would I put in my anchor button? Is there a code/macro so that it will always be whatever button I last pushed on the anchored bar? Should I use script variables and if so, how do I call them on the anchor button? Perhaps, I'm making this too complicated as I sometimes do.

Thanks again for all your great work for us unworthy users.

11-04-08, 03:54 PM   #316
VideoKidRadioStar
A Murloc Raider
Am I right in saying that currently, for hunters, there is a limit to 10 pet action ID's being able to be used? And further, that abilities like 'lick your wounds' cant be added to a macaroon bar as yet?

I have a big block of buttons, some I use for my pet actions, others for my spells, certain abilities like lick your wounds I cant get onto the bar, even after trying to specifiy pet action ID's over 10, so I guess this is a failing of blizz?

Is there a work around, or can someone highlight the obvious if I'm being daft..?

11-04-08, 04:05 PM   #317
Rogue3x
A Defias Bandit
How can I get my empty buttons to stay hidden? They are hidden when I log on but once I drag anything from my spellbook or bag they all appear and just never go away again unless I go into config mode.

11-04-08, 05:07 PM   #318
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
the new anchor buttons seem extremely buggy, I put in a bug report but I advise against using the anchor buttons just yet. WoW crashed once and my computer went down the second time. I did get them working briefly but each time lead to a crash.

11-05-08, 01:51 PM   #319
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
I made the work-around work for the lost pet-state (/petpassive).

However, I'm no where near the class of most of you guys in your WoW code knowledge.

Is there somewhere where the regular Joe person like me can get the variables we might be able to exploit?

i.e. If I wanted to make an emergency healing button(s) that only popped up when I reached the "LOW HEALTH" boundary, there's probably a corresponding "state" with which I could associate that button(s). Normal Joe has no idea what that variable is.

11-05-08, 02:44 PM   #320
Feldoth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by AliasWit View Post
I made the work-around work for the lost pet-state (/petpassive).

However, I'm no where near the class of most of you guys in your WoW code knowledge.

Is there somewhere where the regular Joe person like me can get the variables we might be able to exploit?

i.e. If I wanted to make an emergency healing button(s) that only popped up when I reached the "LOW HEALTH" boundary, there's probably a corresponding "state" with which I could associate that button(s). Normal Joe has no idea what that variable is.
There is no way to do that, WoW specifically limits what you can do in terms of automation. Because of this a macro (or mod) cannot make a decision for you except out of combat. If you read this: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...81820910&sid=1 you can see exactly what it is possible to do with a macro.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!