10-26-05, 01:43 PM   #1
Ghent
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
StarshadowUI - v1800 20051026.01 s

Hey all,

Here's the 'official' thread for StarshadowUI. I will keep it updated with changes and check it regularly for questions and comments

StarshadowUI

Please link above for all relevant information!

[ StarshadowUI ~ Custom UI compiled by Ghent ]
http://ghent.wowinterface.com/

Last edited by Ghent : 10-26-05 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Changed version number styling
10-31-05, 11:21 AM   #2
Astur
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Hey, I just downloaded Starshadow! Freakin AWESOME! However, I'm having problems with the Party and Unit frames. For some reason none of them are coming up but my own, and when I click on my own frame, I get it copied over three more times, one on top of my main frame, and then two more to the right of it. Is there something I can fix on my end? Or is it something that you need to adjust yourself?

All in all, amazing job, keep it up!
10-31-05, 11:30 AM   #3
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Astur
Hey, I just downloaded Starshadow! Freakin AWESOME! However, I'm having problems with the Party and Unit frames. For some reason none of them are coming up but my own, and when I click on my own frame, I get it copied over three more times, one on top of my main frame, and then two more to the right of it. Is there something I can fix on my end? Or is it something that you need to adjust yourself?

All in all, amazing job, keep it up!
Astur,

Thanks for the compliment If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're seeing is Dag's Target's Target Frame in action. To go to the settings for this, type /targett and it will bring up an options window. You'll want to enable movable frames, and disable's target's target view. Then you can drag the box around where you want.

Many people don't really need this mod (it's more useful for raiding, shows you who the boss or mob you have targeted is attacking), and if you find you don't, just disable it altogether in the AddOns area of the character login screen.

I've put together some updates over the weekend and written a rough draft of the LAYOUT.txt to give instructions on how to make the compilation look exactly like my screenshots. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should zip everything up and release it, or just wait until tomorrow after the maintenance (since there will probably need to be more updates then).

Anyways, let me know if you have more questions or problems!

10-31-05, 12:14 PM   #4
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
eww very messy and crowded, definitly not my thing...
10-31-05, 12:50 PM   #5
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Andeh
eww very messy and crowded, definitly not my thing...
Only messy and crowded if you make it so

10-31-05, 02:10 PM   #6
Astur
A Murloc Raider
So, that helped me move the Target's Target frames, however, my Party frames underneath my character frame aren't showing up. I updated/fixed my Gypsy Mod UnitBar, but all I get is the graphic, and the health/energy/rage/mana bars are all offset. Something's not lining up on my end.

Also, what would you suggest I use as a Raid Group mod since I can't get CT_RaidAssist to work with Gypsy? I really need one for our guild MC/Ony/ZG raids.
10-31-05, 02:20 PM   #7
Ghent
A Cyclonian
So, that helped me move the Target's Target frames, however, my Party frames underneath my character frame aren't showing up. I updated/fixed my Gypsy Mod UnitBar, but all I get is the graphic, and the health/energy/rage/mana bars are all offset. Something's not lining up on my end.

Also, what would you suggest I use as a Raid Group mod since I can't get CT_RaidAssist to work with Gypsy? I really need one for our guild MC/Ony/ZG raids.
Have you tried removing your WTF and WTB folders to see if that fixes Gypsy? A lot of people have had this problem in the past, and I believe it was due to corrupted entries in files in those locations. Remember, if you try this, please be sure to make backups first!

I'm running CT_RaidAssist right now in my UI (it's going to be included in the update I make tonight/tomorrow) but it's just a standard install of it. What sort of problems do you experience when you try to use it?

Be sure that you're getting the latest version from www.ctmod.net, as I know that they're not great at keeping sites like wowinterface.com updated with the latest version. If all else fails, wait for my update, today or tomorrow, it will have CT_RaidAssist in it (I forgot to put it in the first time!)

10-31-05, 02:26 PM   #8
Astur
A Murloc Raider
As far as the WTF and WTB folders go, I started out fresh... removed them all like your install said and just started new, so nothing was corrupt, unless it happened during my intial start of your compilation.

W/ CT_RaidAssist - I'm having problems even seeing my Party frames, nothing opens up. I can get the Raid Status, but I can't get the Raid Party frames to open. My only problem right now is just party frames, everything else is working smoothly.

My party frames are showing up as just graphic, there's no programming or script working behind them to target or even show their targets. I see a graphic w/ their character image, blank bars, and then the color bars are about 3 inches or so off set to a diagonal down/right area.
10-31-05, 02:41 PM   #9
Ghent
A Cyclonian
As far as the WTF and WTB folders go, I started out fresh... removed them all like your install said and just started new, so nothing was corrupt, unless it happened during my intial start of your compilation.

W/ CT_RaidAssist - I'm having problems even seeing my Party frames, nothing opens up. I can get the Raid Status, but I can't get the Raid Party frames to open. My only problem right now is just party frames, everything else is working smoothly.

My party frames are showing up as just graphic, there's no programming or script working behind them to target or even show their targets. I see a graphic w/ their character image, blank bars, and then the color bars are about 3 inches or so off set to a diagonal down/right area.
Any chance I could get you to post a screenshot of both CT_RaidAssist and the problems you're experiencing with Gypsy?

10-31-05, 02:58 PM   #10
Astur
A Murloc Raider
Heh, I fixed my CT_Raid problem.

This is what I'm getting for my party frames though ( I used MoveAnything to get the player frame down, it was partially covered by the Titan Panel) . The party member frames don't actually do anything, they're just graphic, no actual programming behind them.

[IMG][/IMG]

I can't get them to do anything, so if you have an idea, I'd appreciate it! ^_^
10-31-05, 03:00 PM   #11
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Heh, I fixed my CT_Raid problem.

This is what I'm getting for my party frames though ( I used MoveAnything to get the player frame down, it was partially covered by the Titan Panel) . The party member frames don't actually do anything, they're just graphic, no actual programming behind them.

I can't get them to do anything, so if you have an idea, I'd appreciate it! ^_^
It may be the fact that you used MoveAnything to move them. If you turn off MoveAnything, or whatever needs to be done to disable it (never used it myself, so I'm not sure), does everything concerning Gypsy line up then?

It's interesting to me that you're experiencing that issue with Titan & Gypsy, it's never been a problem for me. When I get home from work I will try to duplicate it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

10-31-05, 03:07 PM   #12
Astur
A Murloc Raider
Heh, I used MoveAnything as a last resort before that happened, just so I could inspect/trade etc with party or other chars. This was happening when I first started, but yeah, everything with Gypsy and CT works now, just the Party Frames are kagged.
11-02-05, 10:41 AM   #13
Ghent
A Cyclonian
This thread is outdated, please see the current thread!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » StarshadowUI - v1800 20051026 s