11-12-08, 02:33 AM   #1
Kanten
A Defias Bandit
Chat font gone rogue?

I've always used ClearFont as an all-around tool for my game font, since I like consistency. Last night I decided to play around with some different suites to see if any suited me, after a bit of experimentation I decided to switch back to my currently setup since nothing was really doing it for me.

Only problem though is now my chat is seemingly immune to any type of customization I throw at it. ClearFont changes the font for everything BUT the chat now, and not even the integrated "font size" option changes anything.

Has anybody had any sort of experience like this? I used backups of my Addons folder and completely wiped the WTF folder but this persists. I thought to use Chatter but just the installation makes such a sweeping change to the window that I'd probably spend more time just trying to make the chat even resemble its original form.
11-12-08, 03:06 AM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I found this issue to be problematic at first as well. But one thing I did do and I'm not sure if you want to do this, is I switched over to Prat. Now Prat and Clear Font SHOULD work and play nice with one another since I have both of them as well; however, I am not sure of this. Another thing you might want to do is to make sure that your addons listing has the check mark by "use out of date addons" since the latest patch update blatently unchecked this and it had me almost in a screaming fit on why my mods didn't work.

I hope this helps you some.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
11-12-08, 06:05 PM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Clearfont is dead - the author has said as much. Use Fontain instead.
11-12-08, 06:49 PM   #4
Kanten
A Defias Bandit
Alright, I installed Fontain, but for whatever reason the chat font is still locked into Arial Narrow, despite the master font (and override) clearing optioned as Calibri V1. This is really starting to drive me nuts. I've cleared WTF and such numerous times yet this continues to happens.

This was my interface before:

Even after reinstalling mods and setting things to the Calibri font, this is what it looks like:

Note the pixelated actionbar numbers and the shrunken clock font. Before I was using ClearFont2 in Calibri mode. Now if I try that with Fontain or even ClearFont itself, this is the result I get.

Last edited by Kanten : 11-12-08 at 08:17 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chat font gone rogue?