10-24-08, 04:41 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Cartographer new error message

Anyone have an idea what this error message means? "Interface/Addons/Cartographer-POI\POI,lug 135=Trying to set a note with an unknown zone." ", this just started happening. Also lost all my herb or mining nodes from the maps I had stored. My created notes are on the maps as well any POI.

Thanks

Bellator
10-25-08, 07:51 AM   #2
tarcom
A Defias Bandit

Bellator,

I use Cartographer also and have this error with POI, my guess is that POI (Points of Interest) is trying to set a Note in the new zone which doesn't exist yet. Those are the Blue Dots you see on your map when you open Cartographer. What I have done is within Cartographer itself in game I have disabled POI. When you have your Map open click on the Cartographer name and look for POI to disable it for now.
10-25-08, 04:09 PM   #3
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I hate to turn off POI as I have plenty of information for all the zones I've been in. I can't see where the error is causing a problem with the game, just annoying.

What actually ripes my butt is since this problem started all my herb and mining markers I collected are gone from the Cartographer map. That really sucks and I can't figure how to get them back if at all.

I hate to change map programs, you have any suggestions? I seriously like Cartographer and have used for some time now, only it seems there is not the support to keep it up to date with the game changes.

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated.

Bellator
11-15-08, 03:13 PM   #4
tarcom
A Defias Bandit

Sorry have been out to town. Yes I have a couple suggestions.

Gathermate and Gathermate_Sharing are great addons that add the Ore Icons and such to the mini map now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cartographer new error message