11-18-08, 09:33 AM   #1
senthiele
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
files

ok am trying to find the loc in my WoW folder where my save interface is keep you know for like the ah addon and for other addons. the reason is sometime i play on my desktop so other time i have to play on my laptop so im want to keep the info the same between the two like when i use questguru i want to keep my history so i do not have to look at one computer to see what i did and log on to another i like to just move the file between the two if yall know what i mean plz any help will do thank you all
11-18-08, 09:37 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Those files are in the following folder:

\World of Warcraft\WTF\ACCOUNT\<accountname>\SavedVariables\

From that folder, copy the .lua and the .bak files from the addons you want, and there you have it :]
11-18-08, 10:05 AM   #3
senthiele
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok i see the files will the merge together or overwrite each other is my last question and ty for answer back
11-18-08, 10:08 AM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

When you copy them somewhere else that already has the files, they will overwrite them.

Well rather, it will ask you if you want to overwrite them.
11-18-08, 10:23 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

If you have more than one toon, you can simply just copy the entire WTF folder as that will also copy your macros, chat settings and other Blizzard settings. This will also get your per character settings that are saved in World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOUR ACCOUNT\Your Server\Your Character (replacing the Your % with the appropriate info).
11-18-08, 12:27 PM   #6
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
If you have more than one toon, you can simply just copy the entire WTF folder as that will also copy your macros, chat settings and other Blizzard settings. This will also get your per character settings that are saved in World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOUR ACCOUNT\Your Server\Your Character (replacing the Your % with the appropriate info).
Actually most Blizz settings are now stored on the server rather than locally.
Only the addon settings are stored locally. Any MAYBE the chat settings as well, not sure about that.
11-18-08, 12:41 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are still plenty of Blizzard settings stored on your computer. Screen resolution, video settings, saved account name for login (something you *always* want to uncheck when uploading your UI for download), anything in Interface Options, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-18-08, 12:54 PM   #8
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
There are still plenty of Blizzard settings stored on your computer. Screen resolution, video settings, saved account name for login (something you *always* want to uncheck when uploading your UI for download), anything in Interface Options, etc.
Yeah but those are probably not really relevant in this case, as the OP wants to back up the settings for use on different systems, so those settings will very likely be different then as well.
11-18-08, 01:15 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Possibly. But also the "anything in Interface Options, etc." bits he might want to keep.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-18-08, 07:05 PM   #10
senthiele
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok this is what im trying to do as a firefighter i have to some time play on my laptop at the station so when i want to go back in look at my history log for quest which i use questguru addon for this ti does not show me what is on my desktop im trying to look in the file to see where in there would this quest be keep so i can put them on to my laptop with the one i have done on there then once i have that done i will start saving my varible fold and move it back and forth to system when i play i hope that exp it all

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » files