12-13-08, 08:38 AM   #1
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
KranixUI *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Have a bug to report or just idle chitchat about the UI here is the place .

UI LINK: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...a12-13-08.html

12-18-08 UPDATED

Alrighty... has been updated... again.... lol. Details on download page.

Bring on the feedback... can't wait to get this badboy finished and raid ready .

Last edited by Rabbit007 : 12-18-08 at 10:01 PM.
12-13-08, 11:19 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Ah good I'll stop bothering you with PMs now and just reply in this thread :P
Be sure to make a quick post here when updates are available though, as I probably won't check constantly if they're available myself.
12-13-08, 04:18 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You *could* add it to your favorites list.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-13-08, 04:49 PM   #4
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You *could* add it to your favorites list.
I have a lot of favorites and I don't want to get reminded of updates for them because I use the WOWI updater anyway, and my mail is spammy enough as is :]
12-14-08, 07:03 AM   #5
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Alrighty... is updated.. Have at it hehe
12-14-08, 07:18 AM   #6
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Oh also... i am thinking of integrating Omen and Recount as i know those are almost MUST HAVE'S for raiding... I am afraid to as i know they get updaed often... What do you all think? Is it worth it or should i just leave it up to the player to do so?
12-14-08, 07:57 AM   #7
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'd leave those 2 out, at least until you're bored from lack of other things to do .
12-14-08, 08:33 AM   #8
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Hehe yeah i agree... that is to much updating to mess with .
12-14-08, 09:39 AM   #9
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Rabbit007 View Post
Hehe yeah i agree... that is to much updating to mess with .
Get the basic package going first, then you can see what can be added.
Also, if you include those 2, you lose your 100% custom code status, I think people know where to get Omen themselves anyway.
12-14-08, 09:40 AM   #10
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
hehe well i lost my custom made status when i added Prat and Dominos to the picture :P

but i still did coding and such for a good chunk of it and i created the artwork myself.

I am think of doing the whole UI you With some add-ons that are already made just do some coding inside them to create the NO SETUP required rule.

I mean honestly there are all these wonderful add-ons that do exactly what i would be coding in the first place and are on this site for a reason and thats for people to use. So why not hehe? will make creating the UI MUCH FASTER.

Still have a long way to go as i still got to do the coding to create the defaults and points of certain things and such... and to set the options properly... so all you have to do is... unzip and your done... no setup required... ready to go for any character.

Most compilations now you have to have a specific Resolution... then laod all these profiles.... copt folders and rename folders... and honestly that just gets VERY old rather quickly :P. Which is another reason I am doing this UI. Plugin and go is my rule and gonna stick to it . Also want to it work for anyboy on any resolution so i would have to do quite a bit of coding anway for that to happen.

So it's not like i am just downloading add-ons and putting it together and uploading it... there is still ALOT of work involved to make it no setup required and user frendly and to make it work for any res.

Would take ALOT more work.. doing all the coding myself.. which is why i am gonna make use off all these wonderful add-ons and just customize everything in the code.

Isn't anything people like more then things with quick setups... less for them to do... people liek to plugin and go.. so thats what i want to gove them .

Just want it to look nice to hehe .

Last edited by Rabbit007 : 12-14-08 at 09:48 AM.
12-14-08, 09:55 AM   #11
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Yeah I noticed you added Prat, OmniCC & Dominos after I posted here.
I'll go test it in a few minutes.

Also I would like to note you of something. I think my gamecard is going to expire soon, and I'm in the middle of exams right now, so it's possible I won't be able to test anything for a few days (exams end next Friday). I'm not sure when my card expires though, but just thought I'd let you know in case there are a few days of downtime :]

EDIT: actually I won't test it yet, the update is still pending. :P

AND, my gamecard expires next Saturday, excellent. ^_^

Last edited by Psoewish : 12-14-08 at 09:58 AM.
12-15-08, 12:54 PM   #12
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Ok just got around to testing it -- sorry for the delay.

It all seems to work now, I didn't seem to find any bugs, the new location of the microbuttons is much better, but I have 2 suggestions:

1) Is it possible to enable the arrowkeys for the editbox in Prat by default?
2) I'm not too happy with the current position of the editbox itself, I think that place would be better suited for an exp/rep bar, and move the editbox above the actionbars.
12-15-08, 01:45 PM   #13
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
That is most certainly doable . Will have it setup that way next Update

Have the tooltip... button graphics done... working on the UnitFrames/Raid Frames and the casting bar now... Once thats done i will probably move it into beta.... tweak what needs to be tweaked and what not.

Is moving along much faster than i though it would ..

WOOT!!

Last edited by Rabbit007 : 12-15-08 at 01:52 PM.
12-15-08, 01:53 PM   #14
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Rabbit007 View Post
That is most certainly doable . Will have it setup that way next Update

Have the tooltip... button graphics done... working on the UnitFrames/Raid Frames and the casting bar now... Once thats done i will probably move it into beta.... tweak what needs to be tweaked and what not.

Is moving along much faster than i though it would ..

WOOT!!
I'm looking forwards to what you'll do with the castbar and unitframes.
12-15-08, 05:21 PM   #15
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Updated 12-15-08
12-16-08, 11:30 AM   #16
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Any ideas to make the UI better as a whole while still providing a TON of little bonuses would be cool .

To Do List:

1. I think I could utilize the space on the screen a bit better so you see more of the graphics and less of the UI.

2. Make the Unit Frames match the rest of the graphics of the UI.

3. Add Casting Bar and Raid Frames (am thinking Grid would do the trick) probably put it between the minimap and bar graphic.

4. Do something with the tooltip (I know it's my UI and it shouldn't annoy me) but the tooltip doesn't sit right for me right there.

5. Add the XP Bar . (probably gonna make it go from bottom to top on the Left Bar Graphic inbetween the 2 button bars.

6. Am thinking of adding a fubar / titan bar type thing and use that for the Bag / Micro buttons... the bags and micro buttons seem kinda screwy there. Plus the cool little features that come with them .

7. Maybe like a potion bar somewhere (dunno here since you can only use one potion per fight, doesn't exactly make the bar worthy of going in) will see.

8. Would like a Icon Marker type thing in there for people that normally run instances and such and do marking... gets kinda annoying right clicking the character portrait and going through the drop downs to mark.

All i can think of atm... putting the list here as i won't lose it lol

Bring on the ideas since i can't really do anything while the realms are down :P.
12-16-08, 12:09 PM   #17
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

1) you need to make some more art for your UI. Right now you seem to only have action bars and minimap art. You would really need custom unitframe and castbar art as well, to make it complete and make the single elements of the UI fit in the overall package.

2) the unitframes have a kind of weird position imo. I personally hate having to look all over my screen, which makes me miss important things in instances, and even more so in raids. Not too much of a problem for DPS classes, but deadly for Healers. Also the current graphics of the unitframes kind of .. well ... suck.

3) be sure to include a swingtimer and global cooldown timer when you tackle the castbar, that's important for everyone that wants to play at least half decent.

And last, I see your unitframes of choice are Glass Unitframes. Is this because it's lightweight, or because it's easier to configure?

In case of the first, I recommend replacing Prat by Chatter, which is lighter on resources. In case of the second ... I STRONGLY recommend getting oUF. It's most likely the most customizable unitframe addon out there, but requires coding to actually create the layouts. I think this would be the perfect solution for you.

EDIT: oh and, if you decide to add a marking thing, be sure to make it as non-intrusive as you can. This UI is going into a minimal direction and I'd simply hate it if it would turn out in yet another bloated compilation.
12-16-08, 12:38 PM   #18
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
hehe points taken ... I am actually thinking of overhauling the Unit Frames myself and doing the code dirctly myself (Big project i know) i am also gonna rearrange the objects used so far for better placement. Memory usage isn't something i am totally afraid of cause most the time the add-ons i use don't go past 6 mb :P... (unless i use quest helper lol)

next update expect some big changes .
12-16-08, 01:27 PM   #19
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Alright, I'm looking forward to the update

I'd still like to vouch for oUF though, it is an awesome addon, and requires zero setup as well once the layout is made, just package the template with the download and you're done.
12-17-08, 05:31 PM   #20
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
12-17-08 Updated (Huge Overhaul as well). Have at it guys and gals and lemme know what you think .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » KranixUI *OFFICIAL THREAD*