03-09-09, 06:02 PM   #1
Rykasha
A Defias Bandit
Removing a single sound

I had a search over the forums for this but only found 1 similar post and that hadn't been answered.

I'm looking for a way to remove the noise WoW likes to make when you press a keybind before that key's cooldown has expired, or when it cant be used. When I'm hammering my keys a bit in raids it becomes one of the most annoying sounds there is.
03-09-09, 06:46 PM   #2
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only way that I know how is by making a macro and using SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0") in it. For instance, one of the macros I use looks like this:
Code:
#showtooltip Arcane Blast
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
/use 13
/cast Arcane Power
/cast Icy Veins
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1");UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast Arcane Blast
What this does is mute the Sound Effects, uses my trinket and two cooldowns, unmute the Sound Effects and clears the Error Frame (red text saying "Ability not ready" etc), then casts the spell I want to use.

I guess you could make some basic macros for the abilities that you hammer such as:
Code:
#showtooltip
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
/cast Sinister Strike
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")

I hope that this helps.
03-09-09, 07:44 PM   #3
Rykasha
A Defias Bandit
I was kinda hoping for something along the lines of NoAnnoyingCombatSounds which silences stuff by replacing it with blank soundbites, so if I could work out which single file it is that'd be the problem sorted to some extent.

The macros are nice, but to me it seems like using a chainsaw for a scalpel's job, killing all sounds for the sake of one
03-09-09, 07:50 PM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's only disabling sound effects until your spell/ability is cast, then it re-enables them. In effect, all it kills is your toon saying "Spell not ready yet" and such. Compared to an addon with several lines of code, setting a CVar then re-setting it when finished is using a scalpel.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
03-09-09, 09:32 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Try downloading the "mod" you linked.

Install it to where it says to. Remember it is not the same as other addons. (Location : WoW_Install_Dir/Data). Open the Zip and drag the "Sound" folder to your WoW data folder.

Once you do that restart WoW and see if it removes the sound(s) you want. If it does then it is one of those sound files.

I would start withe deleting every folder in the "Sound" folder EXCEPT the "Spells" folder. Open the "Spells" folder and delete every folder but the "Fizzle" folder.

Now restart WoW and see if the worked.

I play a Mage and doing this would stop any sound when I try to cast a spell with a cooldown (either by keybinding or button click) it is also the same sounds when I cancel a spell too.

Not to sure what class you play though so sounds may be different.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Removing a single sound