11-30-05, 09:43 PM   #1
acemaxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Swimming mod, is this possible?

I play on a laptop and use it's touchpad (because I have so little room, I actually play on the laptop on my lap) The problem is, when I try to swim underwater, it takes both my hands to move about. I have to hold both mouse buttons and use the other hand to move about.

So my question is....is there an add-on that I could activate (like with a keybind) that would let me move about without holding down both mouse buttons?

I've tried choosing "mouse move" on the options window, but that appears to do nothing.

Any suggestions (other than get a bigger apt and get a desk so you can use an external mouse :-)
11-30-05, 10:18 PM   #2
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have recently started playing again and have found either the right or left mouse button allow you to change the direction of your character, where it used to be both buttons were required. If you then use the auto run button, normally numlock which I've set to middle mouse button, this would free up the action of holding both buttons down for momentum.
12-03-05, 06:56 PM   #3
acemaxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Inokis
I have recently started playing again and have found either the right or left mouse button allow you to change the direction of your character, where it used to be both buttons were required. If you then use the auto run button, normally numlock which I've set to middle mouse button, this would free up the action of holding both buttons down for momentum.
I can only move by pressing both the right and left mouse buttons. Pressing just left turns my character and pressing just right turns the camera. I've also tried choosing mouse move in the Options screen, but that doesn't seem to do anything different.

I can auto move with the numlock button, but it's really ackward because I have to use my keybinds for up and down to get my character to dive up and down. And being a rogue, I am always trying to adjust postion so I can backstab and such. Anyway, it's nearly impossible to fight underwater.
12-03-05, 09:04 PM   #4
Gello
A Molten Giant
This may be what you're after: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=197

Never used it myself but the concept should be doable.
12-04-05, 12:18 AM   #5
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Swimming can be done with very little effort.

Just turn on autorun, and then use the right mouse button (hold and drag) to turn or to move up and down (pull toward or push away to rise or dive). Once you're swimming in the proper direction and at the proper depth, you can let go of the mouse entirely and it will continue swimming.

The left+right mouse is the same as holding the up-arrow (moving forward) -- which is what the autorun will allow you to forgo.
12-10-05, 11:24 AM   #6
acemaxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks Gello, I think that add-on is just what I was looking for. Gonna try it today

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Swimming mod, is this possible?