Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-05-09, 08:56 AM   #11
Peyana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
On a totally unrelated note to Cog's predicament with the post wipe, I just finished reading what can be considered as Mundocani's response over at Curse (Outfitter's description) to the harsh criticism that he had to endure all these weeks, due to his decision to cease distribution of his addons, publicly. I've bolded some of the parts because I believe that truer words couldn't have been spoken.

In all honesty, I haven't really read the comments on Curse for that particular addon, after Mundocani decided to halt development (or comments on WoWI for QH or anywhere else for that matter). After I did so, I can simply state that the idiocy and insulting tone of some people, due to their free stuff taken away, is simply, mind-boggling.
I hope my comments are not taken as criticism or crying, as I do appreciate the time and dedication these authors have put into their work. I am saddened that the few are screwing it up for the many who appreciate their work and donate on a "as funds permit" basis to show authors monetarily how much we appreciate your work. Mundocani, excellent add-on in OUtfitter--there isn't anything close to being as good. Batrick, Spellcraft is undeniably the best class specific add-on--and it also helps out the other 99 toons I have. And to all the other authors that provide this "noob" with the tools that make the game SO MUCH BETTER---thank you thank you thank you. I miss ya'll already, and hope you will come back to us.

Last edited by Peyana : 04-05-09 at 08:59 AM. Reason: grammar check:)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » WoW UI AddOn Development Policy discussion thread