04-10-09, 12:00 AM   #1
Sondgerothja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Icons on map...suggestion...

Is it possible... Is there some way to hook in when the call is made to have a... default... gold icon do 'something', like flash the map when it is shown? Like flying around looking for herbs, it's great to have an addon like carbonite that shows which way to go / etc, but you still have to practically stare at the map. Is there anything possible to have there as a warning for when something "IS" there versus when something isn't? There's no telling how many I've passed up over the last few years while leveling a character because I didn't look at the map at the right time.

04-10-09, 05:47 AM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
No, Blizzard wants you to look at the map.

04-10-09, 11:40 AM   #3
Sondgerothja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Both insightful and descriptive... thanks /sarcasm

04-10-09, 11:58 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Blizz doesn't allow any mod to "see" if there is actually a plant/herb/fish pool/treasure when you are using tracking skills. It's just the way they do it. The only thing we are allowed is to be able to use addons like Carbonite, Gathermate, Gatherer etc that track where something "may" spawn.

04-10-09, 05:00 PM   #5
Xolan
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
And they probably won't let us track active nodes anytime soon as that would make botting that much easier.

04-11-09, 07:49 AM   #6
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Sondgerothja View Post
Both insightful and descriptive... thanks /sarcasm
No need for sarcasm, it was truthful and concise - no need for it to be any longer. You can't, blizzard considers it cheating.

04-11-09, 10:25 AM   #7
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sondgerothja View Post
There's no telling how many I've passed up over the last few years while leveling a character because I didn't look at the map at the right time.
If you were using Carbonite Quest in the past there is now a new feature you might like. You can move the minimap into the Carbonite map.

Right-click on the Carbonite map or Carbonite (C) button and select ‘Options’
Select ‘Map Minimap’
Check ‘Move Minimap into Carbonite map’

This integrates the two maps and allows you to see all the tracking icons in one place.

Edit: I'm hoping to make a short demo video of this feature. People get a little freaked out when their minimap seems to have disappeared

Here is a video with the minimap integrated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pthZX9cjoC4

Last edited by Haavok : 04-11-09 at 11:16 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Icons on map...suggestion...