04-22-09, 10:50 PM   #1
ysaric
A Kobold Labourer
Angry [bug]Pls help two quest trackers/objectives showing on screen

As you should be able to see from this pic, there are two quest trackers/objectives boxes showing on the screen. I would like to keep the Carbonite tracker and ditch the other one, which is big and clunky and conflicts with my bars (don't look at them, they are messy and disorganized atm). But for whatever the best I can do is go into Interface -> Objectives and enable Advanced Objectives Tracking and disable Disable Mouseover. This allows me to grab the title bar from the Objectives frame and minimize it (although I then can't get rid of the title bar itself). Right-clicking on a quest in that Objectives box (when the quests are showing) brings up the main Carbonite quest list UI.

I figured Carbonite would suppress or otherwise mask/hide/prevent from showing the other quest tracker/objectives frame (forgive me if I am using terms that are not precise).

I'm using Pitbull and Dominos as my two primary non-Carbonite UI modifiers, but this is looking like an issue between Blizzards Objectives and Carbonite's Objectives frames. Any information, advice, help, etc. would be greatly, greatly appreciated. If I can provide any additional information that would help in diagnosing what's going on, please let me know. Thanks.

04-23-09, 10:19 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Press ESC to bring up the game menu.
Select 'Interface' then 'Objectives'

Uncheck the following:
- Advanced Objectives Tracking
- Automatic Quest Tracking
- Automatic Quest Progress Updates

That will disable the Blizzard quest watcher.

04-23-09, 05:58 PM   #3
Luran
Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
For some reason, I can't see ysaric's picture, but I've been having the same problem over the last day or so.

After a lot of enabling/disabling addons, I think tracked the culprit down to DugisGuide_Viewer, which is a re-badged version of TourGuide. And I think I've fixed it.

When I say I've fixed it, I'll explain my testing procedure. I created a new DK then quested until I had the double tracker, and it wasn't long as "The Emblazoned Runeblade" quest does it. I then tried various addon combinations until it disappeared. As the problem seems unpredictable on which quests it will appear, it means it might turn up later.

The way I fixed it was to install TourGuide, remove DugisGuide_Viewer and then edit each of the toc files in Dugi's guides to have a dependency on TourGuide rather than the viewer.

04-23-09, 06:08 PM   #4
Luran
Premium Member
I spoke too soon. Still doing it

Definitely seems to be TourGuide related though.

04-26-09, 10:18 AM   #5
Luran
Premium Member
I was right, was TourGuide related.

On the AddOns tab of the Interface page, click on TourGuide, and untick the "Automatically track quests".

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [bug]Pls help two quest trackers/objectives showing on screen