01-06-06, 08:27 AM   #1
Silanus
A Murloc Raider
DAB 3.0: all changes not saved

Like many others, I see the potential of this release and love Discord greatly, but struggle with the combination of new features, massive changes to other addons, and a new patch all at once... with manuals for Discord unavailable.

I had just spent about 2 hours reconfiguring my entire Discord UI, logged out - and logged back in a few minutes later, only to find that absolutely all my changes had vanished!

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
01-06-06, 10:45 AM   #2
LordElder
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thumbs down

Yup, I experienced the same thing? Is there something we have to save now or something? I remember once reading that you should save the changes but I never did and don't know how. Can someone help us out?
01-06-06, 10:56 AM   #3
jarome
A Defias Bandit
i have the latest dab installed on both my laptop, and home computer. the same addons installed on both computers. my setup on my laptop with dab is perfect, everything runs great, but on my home pc, dab refuses to cooperate.

first off, i open dab, and i have a blank options box, the only way to get this to show up is to add a "floater". i do so, then set up my buttons. everything working good. kinda. then i logout, log back in, and.... gone. everything. original bar art is at the bottom. so i open up dab, add my floater. gets interesting here. now when i open the options for each bar, then set the buttons size, opacity, and horizontal spacing, my custom bar comes back. rinse and repeat, they're all back.

anyone have any ideas?
01-06-06, 12:48 PM   #4
LordElder
A Fallenroot Satyr

/bump for help
01-06-06, 01:31 PM   #5
Crazytoo
A Kobold Labourer
Question Dab 3

I have to say that I am having to same problem. Did the who setup and signed off when came back to fine discord gone. Back to step one.

Unlike the old version, I don't see a quick save and load button. Did I just miss something?
01-06-06, 01:36 PM   #6
Rags
A Cyclonian

I always start off by saving stuff in a new Profile. This can be done in Misc Options

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." - Mitch Hedberg
01-06-06, 01:58 PM   #7
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
jarome - Start by installing the version available here.
01-06-06, 02:01 PM   #8
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Step 1: Make sure there's only one DiscordActionBars.lua file anywhere within the WorldOfWarcraft folder. And it should only be in WTF\Account\Account's Name\SavedVariables, nowhere else.

Step 2: Make sure you're exiting WoW properly. Exiting WoW with Alt + F4, right-click on the task bar and choosing Close, or any other end process command from Windows will cause none of your mods to save anything.

Step 3: Make sure you SavedVariables folder and all the files within it haven't been set to read-only.

Step 4: Make sure you're not using the Custom profile. The Custom profile is loaded from the DAB_Custom.lua file every time and changes to it are not saved.
01-06-06, 02:02 PM   #9
LordElder
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks for the help!!! I will check it out tonight and post back with results!
01-06-06, 04:55 PM   #10
jarome
A Defias Bandit
nope didnt work for me. i have the latest version. double checked all your suggestions, and still the same thing.
01-06-06, 06:12 PM   #11
injury
A Murloc Raider
had this problem. Setup my stuff, saved the profile, entered BG's and game did a hard lock, end task, come back to find all my settings poofed.

Went into the SavedVariables folder deleted the DiscordActionBars.lua DiscordActionBars.lua.bak files, logged back in and made some test changes, did a regular logout and they saved fine. I probably didn't need to delete the files but did it just do be safe.

I guess the big lesson is Create Profile doesn't actually save anything to disk. This is only accomplished by logging out.
01-06-06, 07:51 PM   #12
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

That's correct. The only time any mod is allowed to write to disk is when you correctly exit WoW or reload the UI. If you crash or end WoW with Alt + F4 or another end process command then no mod will save its settings.
01-06-06, 07:54 PM   #13
Repent
A Fallenroot Satyr
First Character Login

Loz,

If you login the first time and have no settings can you please add a message box stating that you should probably create a new profile right away? I have had to redo the settings a few times when I overwrote the defautl.

Thanks,

Repent
01-06-06, 08:03 PM   #14
Silanus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lozareth
Step 1: Make sure there's only one DiscordActionBars.lua file anywhere within the WorldOfWarcraft folder. And it should only be in WTF\Account\Account's Name\SavedVariables, nowhere else.

Step 2: Make sure you're exiting WoW properly. Exiting WoW with Alt + F4, right-click on the task bar and choosing Close, or any other end process command from Windows will cause none of your mods to save anything.

Step 3: Make sure you SavedVariables folder and all the files within it haven't been set to read-only.

Step 4: Make sure you're not using the Custom profile. The Custom profile is loaded from the DAB_Custom.lua file every time and changes to it are not saved.
In my case, what I did was create a new profile - set everything up again - and then my changes were saved.

I can confirm that (1) above is true, and (2) is also true - no other file of that name, normal exit.
01-06-06, 08:17 PM   #15
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

It's fine to change the Default profile.
01-11-06, 11:51 PM   #16
Cadelaio
A Kobold Labourer
First question, will your site ever be up?

I've had the same problem as everyone else. I had found a temporary fix that involved many complex steps that is sadly unacceptable for how long it takes to do something as simple as save keybindings. It has since stopped working all the sudden, and the culprit has been identified as the DAB 3.0 mod.

Under a profile called Rogue, I FIRST click in WoWs keybindings "unique for character" this is required since not all my DAB bars are identical, so WoWs Keybindings often screw up between characters without this. Next I go into DABs keybindings and set up each key's binding individually. Once done, I go into WoW's keybindings and check to make sure they are all correct. I then click "Ok" in WoW's Keybindings.

Upon logout/exit/disconnect/crash or any other form of me exiting, NOT just a crash, the keybindings for that character have been erased.

*Details*

Performed a seach on my WoW folder. Only one was found (and one with a .bak extention). It was in the WTF\Acct\AcctName\SavedVariables folder

I am not even exiting WoW. I am simply logging out to character list and logging back in.

I found that it was, so I turned off read only, and the same problems persisted through many WoW exits/logouts/etc.

*EDIT* Apparently Windows is not letting me set it to read only. Funny how every other mod works fine except yours even with all of WoW set to read only.

I am using a lot of different profile names, such as sub_test1, sub_test2, etc. AFAIK, there is no way to "save" a profile except by exiting, but even that doesn't save keybindings.

In conclusion, when are you going to fix your broken mod?

Last edited by Cadelaio : 01-11-06 at 11:57 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB 3.0: all changes not saved