05-10-09, 04:05 PM   #1
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Why does my game crash or lockup when i open up carbonites full size map?

Whnever I press the M key to bring up my map my game locks up and i have kill the prcess. Why has this mod become this boated overweight addon when it used to be so simple and elegant now its just ridiculous. I dont use the info for vendors, I dont use the warehaousing I dontuse the questtracker pane yet I cant seem to disable to turn these off. This mod is very fast going to become uninstalled for me as I just cant take all these problems anymore. =P

05-11-09, 08:22 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Delete the Cache folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders. Create a new folder called Interface and inside of that create another one called Addons. Place the Carbonite folders (all three) inside of the addon folder. Log into the game and see if you have the same issue.

Sometimes the files inside one or more of those three folders (Cache, WTF and sometimes Interface) can get corrupted. The only way to troubleshoot the issue is to remove those three folders and start again with fresh settings and just the addon you're having trouble with.

05-12-09, 12:09 AM   #3
passionfly
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Delete the Cache folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders. Create a new folder called Interface and inside of that create another one called Addons. Place the Carbonite folders (all three) inside of the addon folder. Log into the game and see if you have the same issue.

Sometimes the files inside one or more of those three folders (Cache, WTF and sometimes Interface) can get corrupted. The only way to troubleshoot the issue is to remove those three folders and start again with fresh settings and just the addon you're having trouble with.
yeah i set some setting in the map options off and it stopped crashing I don't know which one it was cause most of the options have no tool tips but i was just turning em off and on and it seems to be much faster now. This took many many reloads of the UI tho

05-14-09, 12:46 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pressing M and maximizing the map has nothing to do with the Warehouse, Info Windows or the Watch List. The Info windows and Warehouse can be disabled on the Modules options page.

The problem was probably with "Move fullscreen map data into maximized Carbonite map", which can conflict with other addons. Other than that, the two map sizes are the same map doing basically the same thing.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Why does my game crash or lockup when i open up carbonites full size map?