01-07-06, 08:15 PM   #1
Bilbador
A Defias Bandit
Dab 3.0 druid help

I have installed DAB 3.0, Set up all my shapeshifting bars and everything works wonderfully.

Heres what i came up with.

page 1: humaoid - healing
page 2: Bear
page 3: Cat
page 4: humanoid - nukes (not really nukes per se, but for lack of a better term)

Now heres the issue.

scenario: was in cat form(page3), and needed a heal. Shift to caster which brings the nuke bar(page4) up. Now, rather than deselecting the target, which would kill the combo points, how can i make the healing bar(page 1) show up?

I tried the variable key bindings, but i cannot figure out how to show the healing bar on keypress(say numpad5) and get it to go back to the nuke bar on key up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Awesome Mods by the way!
01-07-06, 10:46 PM   #2
Yuddha
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Remove your rule for it to switch to page 4 (or 1 if that's your prefence). Having two bar scripts resulting from the same condition is probably a logic issue.

Here's what you CAN do.

Make control boxes that switch pages on your bar -- setup the proper event handlers and whatnot. Then just click the control box to switch the proper page and you won't lose your target. Perhaps there's a way to bind a key to a control box? I haven't explored that yet.

Or, if you have scrolling unlocked on the bar, just use the mousewheel over the bar. It should flip through the pages until you find the one you need.
01-07-06, 11:43 PM   #3
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure the Down and Up options are checked for the variable keybinding so that it runs when pressed and released. Remember the number you set for the variable keybinding in the middle drop-down menu.

Variable Keybinding Down - type in the number you set; Change Page - 1
Variable Keybinding Up - type in the number you set; Change Page 4
01-08-06, 02:53 AM   #4
Bilbador
A Defias Bandit
Yuddha, I have the pages set up mainly for raiding, as i am usually slotted as a healer, so unles i actively target a mob, it show the healing bar. that is why i have two set up, but as you say, it may be a logic issue.

Scrolling on that bar is locked, as im trying to have both hands working indepentently on this.

But, i will play with the control boxes and see how that works, I will try to bind a key to the box, as you suggested.

Just checked the keybinds, and they do work like they should, using the keyboard. Looking like i had the macro setup incorrectly for the gamepad i use. So i just have to set the keybind to something a little easier for my gamepad to accept, was using ctrl+numpad5, and it looks like the pad doesnt like that combo.

Thanks for replying quickly Loz and Yuddha, you guys rock!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'll post again when i get it all working, in case any other newb Druid DAB'ers would like to test it out

I'm going to test my skills with DUF, and DART soon!!!
Once again, Awesome Mods Loz!!!
01-08-06, 06:38 PM   #5
Shila
A Murloc Raider
I have a problem with setting keybindings yo the same buttons for all my forms. I want my key "1" to activate my first button (let's say moonfire) in caster form, same "1" to activate the first button in cat form (rake) etc. It was possible in previous versions by using secial section in wow keybindings, which is gone now...

Can anyone help me?

P.S.
I have no problem with making bars visible/invisibe while changing forms, I use show/hide bar ( not a page as many ppl here) option for "shapeshift active" condition.
01-08-06, 06:48 PM   #6
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Scroll down in the keybindings menu and set your Discord Action Bars keybindings for the bar that changes pages.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Dab 3.0 druid help