01-11-06, 10:57 AM   #1
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
DAB v3.0 not working with Self Cast

Anyone have any ideas on how to get DAB to allow Alt + <number> to work? If I hold Alt and left click a button it works. Alt + button press does not.

I installed the latest version of self cast but I am still unable to use alt + <number> to self cast.

Thanks in advance
01-11-06, 11:44 AM   #2
Apate
An Aku'mai Servant

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3303
01-11-06, 03:11 PM   #3
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for info. I will try this again with the self cast mod removed. However, the error message I get says that I'm trying to use the default keybindings with DAB which will not work and I must use the DAB keybindings. The error message leaves me a bit sceptical that just removing the self cast mod will get self cast feature to function correctly with DAB v3.
01-11-06, 03:18 PM   #4
Apate
An Aku'mai Servant

you probably also need to set the keybindings via the DAB keybindings menu
01-12-06, 06:30 AM   #5
jqpdev
A Murloc Raider
still stuck...

I disabled the self cast mod and it didn't fix the problem. However, with the self cast mod disabled I cannot do Alt + Left click to self cast. If I re-enable the self cast mod I can again do Alt + Left click to self cast, but the original problem is still there.

I could not located the self cast option in the Blizzard Interface dialog, and with DAB v3 its useless to bother with the Blizzard keybinding dialog.

I'm hoping that I do not have to set a macro of some sort or each button to do a self cast. It would defeat the purpose of having a simple mod that handles it for me. Also, since I've been leveling rather quickly the ranks of the spells on my DAB bars have been changing rather quickly. I don't want to re-adjust 10+ macros to preserve self cast capability every six hours. ....Or worst... grapple with macros between DAB version upgrades and Blizzard patches.

Also can someone point me to where I can get the documentation for DAB v3?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also tried setting a button control condition such as:
- Alt key down
- auto cast Holy Light (Rank 4)
- target = player (you)

I get the DAB error message that states I'm trying to use the default UI's keybindings and they don't work with DAB.

Last edited by jqpdev : 01-12-06 at 06:52 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB v3.0 not working with Self Cast