08-11-09, 09:32 AM   #1
whiteknight
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite not working with the new WoW patch

Carbonite doesen't seem to be working properly with the new WoW patch. Getting error messages in game. Was working great prior to the patch and personally i prefer using the carbonite quest helper and map features but had to use another version of the addon and it's really not that great. Will this be something that will be fixed? Any suggestions?

08-11-09, 10:37 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Delete your other thread.

Are you using the most recent version of Carbonite? Saying "it doesn't work" does not help us to help you... we need more information.

08-11-09, 01:46 PM   #3
whiteknight
A Defias Bandit
Yea..at least i thought i just downloaded the newest version of carbonite and was still having issues i will try again tonight to see if it will work and hope for the best.Unless im missing something you download and stick into the wow files: interface/addons/ carbonite file same as before when it was working fine and still had issues.

08-11-09, 04:14 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I originally replied to the second copy of this post then got to this one, so here's the response:

Carbonite works fine with the latest patch. Have you updated to the latest and greatest already? What was the error you received?

Your install path should be into the Interface\addons directory. The most common error seems to be that the zip file name ends up being used as a directory. For example....

Correct :

interface\addons\Carbonite
interface\addons\CarboniteNodes
interface\addons\CarboniteTransfer

Incorrect:

interface\addons\Carbonite-3.21\Carbonite
interface\addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteNodes
interface\addons\Carbonite-3.21\CarboniteTransfer

Latest Carb version: 3.21 http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

08-11-09, 05:31 PM   #5
jade33
A Murloc Raider
i've used this link: Latest Carb version: 3.21 http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html
and carbonite still won't work on my computer. I'm not sure what the problem is, it installs just fine but doesn't work when i open up wow and also if i try to add it sometimes it says error- internal error

08-11-09, 05:32 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What is the full path to Carbonite.toc? And also what OS are you on?

08-11-09, 05:44 PM   #7
jade33
A Murloc Raider
OS? none of my add-ons work, i tried adding xperl and that doesn't work either. Is there a certain OS i have to be on?

08-11-09, 05:48 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Depending on which Operating System you have will change where exactly an addon gets installed to. That's why I ask. Addons themselves are OS independant, and will work on any maching that will play WoW.

08-11-09, 05:55 PM   #9
jade33
A Murloc Raider
i have Vista Home Premium and i've had wow on it wit hthe add-ons so many times cause my hard drive goes out on me all the time and this computers been in the shop more times then i can count and i'm wondering if it is the OS that causing the error on UI manager cause if i put dev tools on there to start then try to install carbonite, xperl, etc. it says error- internal error, so what's this problem having to do with wow and ui manager?

08-11-09, 05:58 PM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

On Vista, WoW wants the addons to be installed to this path:

C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

Install Carbonite there and then see if it is in game for you.

08-11-09, 06:05 PM   #11
jade33
A Murloc Raider
i have my wow folder on my desktop and it's world of warcraft/interface/add-ons

08-11-09, 06:13 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is that just a shortcut folder to C:\program files\WoW\ etc etc?

08-11-09, 06:23 PM   #13
jade33
A Murloc Raider
i believe it is, i still can't put any add-ons on my computer and what keeps coming up after i download carbonite is this:
the folder name is Carbonite-3.210

08-11-09, 06:26 PM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried manually downloading Carbonite and extracting the folders to the directory I posted above? Namely:

C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

08-11-09, 07:02 PM   #15
jade33
A Murloc Raider
i can't get there, i've moved my wow folder to my desktop and it still has problems

08-11-09, 07:22 PM   #16
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sounds as if you may have more issues unfortunately. I'm not sure where to go at this point. You may have to reinstall WoW into the default location, then try adding addons into the directory I posted. That's all I can think of at the moment though

08-11-09, 07:28 PM   #17
jade33
A Murloc Raider
i just talked to my friend and he said that the error is a vista error

08-12-09, 09:38 AM   #18
cremity
A Kobold Labourer
Question carbonite not working

I have downloaded the new carbonite however i cant seem to get it to show up in my addons when i log on. II use a Dell laptop with windows XP. I have it loaded as C:\ProgramFiles|BlizzardEntertainment|WorldofWarcraftinstaller|interface|addons\carbonite. The old version worked fine with this path but i just cant seem to get it to work with the new.

08-12-09, 09:52 AM   #19
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jade33 View Post
i believe it is, i still can't put any add-ons on my computer and what keeps coming up after i download carbonite is this:
the folder name is Carbonite-3.210
That's your problem right there.

It should be C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite

It should not be C:\users\public\games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite-3.210

08-12-09, 11:33 AM   #20
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by cremity View Post
I have downloaded the new carbonite however i cant seem to get it to show up in my addons when i log on. II use a Dell laptop with windows XP. I have it loaded as C:\ProgramFiles|BlizzardEntertainment|WorldofWarcraftinstaller|interface|addons\carbonite. The old version worked fine with this path but i just cant seem to get it to work with the new.
The game path on xp should be C:\program files\world of warcraft\interface\addons

This is assuming you didnt set a different path. The path you have shown is the path of the web based installer. Right click your desktop icon for wow. Select properties and youll see the file path to the game folder. You can even click find target and it will open the folder for you.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite not working with the new WoW patch