08-10-09, 11:02 AM   #1
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Vacation

I'm leaving in a few minutes for vacation. I will be back on Thursday night.

My wife in bringing her laptop, so if the hotel has wifi or public computers, I will try to answer some forum posts.

Later

08-10-09, 12:11 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Enjoy your vacation!

08-10-09, 05:24 PM   #3
gozirra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Have fun - hopefully when you get back you'll find time to process my donation from last week (and yes I followed the directions, clicked the subscribe request dealy, even pm'd - no responses).

08-10-09, 07:33 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
ENJOY YOUR VACATION

And stay away from these forums (other than to help get gozirra his access to the subscribers forums).

We took care of the forums for you the last time you "took time off" and disappeared for a month, I think we can handle it for a few days.

Seriously though ... enjoy the vacation and forget about Carbonite for a few days.

What hotel you staying at ??? because I'm calling them to disable any internet access in your room

08-13-09, 05:14 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gozirra View Post
Have fun - hopefully when you get back you'll find time to process my donation from last week (and yes I followed the directions, clicked the subscribe request dealy, even pm'd - no responses).
I'm back, but I have to run off to church band practice in a few mins. Have not played in a few weeks, so I am looking forward to it.

I never see those. Haavok actually gets and handles all those requests. He has been keeping up with those, usually every few days, so if you don't get a response, then please PM Haavok.

08-13-09, 05:21 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
ENJOY YOUR VACATION

And stay away from these forums (other than to help get gozirra his access to the subscribers forums).

We took care of the forums for you the last time you "took time off" and disappeared for a month, I think we can handle it for a few days.

Seriously though ... enjoy the vacation and forget about Carbonite for a few days.

What hotel you staying at ??? because I'm calling them to disable any internet access in your room
Thx, we did enjoy it. The hotel had wifi, but I never touched my wife's computer or even watched TV. Read 1 of 2 sci-fi books I bought for the trip.
Vorpal Blade (#2 of 4 books) by John Ringo was excellent. Would make a great TV show, but Hollywood would no doubt butcher it. Saving #3 for some future vacation.

08-13-09, 05:32 PM   #7
gozirra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Welcome back - yep Havvok fixed me up after some confusion about transaction numbers.

08-13-09, 11:11 PM   #8
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

faatal if you like military style sci-fi I recommend the Orphanage series by Robert Buettner. It's one of the best series I've read. And another that I'm a huge fan of is the Codex Alera by Jim Butcher. It's more fantasy based, but I will read absolutely anything written by Mr. Butcher.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

08-14-09, 06:03 PM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Butcher is good. Ringo is outstanding. So is David Weber. They collaborated on what I call the "March" series (March Upcountry, March to the Sea, March to the Stars, We Few). It's the story of the coming of age of Prince Roger Ramius Sergei Chiang McClintock, Heir Tertiary to the Throne of Man, who is marooned via sabotage on the primitive and very nasty planet Marduk with Bravo Company of the Bronze Battalion of the Empress' Own, who are his bodyguards. He starts out as an unlikeable fop whose own mother isn't sure whether to trust him. By the time he gets back to Earth and foils the rebellion, he's lost all but 6 of his bodyguards, grown up, and will soon become called by some "Roger the Terrible" and by others "the Restorer", and by still others "the Tyrant". There is also Ringo's "Legacy of the Aldenata" also known as "the Posleen War" series. The Posleen call other sentient races "thresh". It means "food". They quickly learn, though, to call humans "thresh-kreen" ("food that bites"). My favorite though is Weber's "Honorverse" series, about the Star Kingdom of Manticore, and an officer in Her Majesty's Navy who, when we first meet her (On Basilisk Station) is a mere Commander, CO of HMS Fearless, a light cruiser, a simple yeoman from Sphinx. Her career progresses - she is, as of the latest book, Lady Dame Honor Stephanie Alexander-Harrington, Steadholder Harrington, Duchess Harrington, Countess White Haven, Protector's Champion, PMV, SG, KOR, etc, etc, and a Fleet Admiral in both the Royal Manticoran Navy and the Grayson Space Navy. She is also one very deadly lady.

08-14-09, 08:37 PM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thx, I'll have to check those out sometime. Until I found Ringo, Peter F Hamilton was my favorite sci-fi author. The Night's Dawn Trilogy was great. I like Ringo just as much now.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Vacation