08-18-09, 06:56 PM   #1
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Odd Problem **Solved**

Ok i found out today that my Mouse will not react for Moving clicks on the Mouse or to change view at a special horizontal line.

Its exact the red horizontal line where i can click and try to change view or move and nothing will happen. If i move a little below or over the red line all is ok.

What the heck can cause that ?

Last edited by Xarl : 08-19-09 at 04:07 AM.
08-18-09, 07:50 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Anywhere along the horizontal line? Or in a specific place?

When you can't use your mouse to interact with the screen in a certain point, it is most likely due to a frame that you cannot see eating your mouse clicks. If the frame has a name, you can run a script to find out what it is. Put this in a macro or enter in the chat frame and run it while your mouse is over that spot.

Code:
/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

(off-topic: which font is that?)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-18-09, 07:58 PM   #3
Xarl

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Anywhere along the horizontal line? Or in a specific place?

When you can't use your mouse to interact with the screen in a certain point, it is most likely due to a frame that you cannot see eating your mouse clicks. If the frame has a name, you can run a script to find out what it is. Put this in a macro or enter in the chat frame and run it while your mouse is over that spot.

Code:
/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

(off-topic: which font is that?)
Hey Seerah,

all i get is a nil when i do it.

(off-topic: thats Santana Bold Font)
08-18-09, 08:44 PM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

What happens when you hide your UI completely? Or if you zoom to first person view?
08-18-09, 09:58 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Xarl: Yep, there's a hidden frame there, it just doesn't have a name... Try this to see if it gives you any more info:

/run local frame=GetMouseFocus():GetParent() frame:GetName()

If it has a mod name as a parent then that will help you. If not, it might just say WorldFrame.

edit: if all else fails, then you'll have to start disabling addons til you find it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-18-09, 10:27 PM   #6
Trond
A Cliff Giant

This happened to me when I used BadPet on a nonhunter char... You have that one installed?
08-19-09, 04:05 AM   #7
Xarl

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Xarl: Yep, there's a hidden frame there, it just doesn't have a name... Try this to see if it gives you any more info:

/run local frame=GetMouseFocus():GetParent() frame:GetName()

If it has a mod name as a parent then that will help you. If not, it might just say WorldFrame.

edit: if all else fails, then you'll have to start disabling addons til you find it.
Ok this is the good part...

I fall asleep last night and dream of Docking Station and how i made 7 Bars but only needed 6. Then i wake up and think *wait i must have the 7th Bar in that line*. So i turn Pc on and check and *BINGO*.

It was Docking Station and the 7th Bar that i made transparent since all others are as well.

So my Problem is solved since i deleted it and Tested it as well and all is ok now.

God how much more forgetful can ya get.

Thanks anyway for your Help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Odd Problem