06-16-05, 10:58 PM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Arrow Roadmap for KC_EnhancedTrades

Things to Implement by Version 1.0

• Localization (implemented v1.0) - I want to offer full localization support and as many translations as I can gather.
  • Rundown (implemented v0.99) - This feature will round out the functionality provided in the original pinky's. Although I'm going to implement this as part of KC_Items I am putting it here so people will know its coming. KCET will interface with this feature in KCI.
Things to Implement by Version 2.0

• Adv Clicking - By this I mean things like control click and put into the chat box a list of all the mats and how many of them you may need.
  • Auto Sub Components - Automatic creation of sub components when you create a complex item.
  • Converting Essence - Automatic conversion of essence when creating items that take the other type.
  • Cooldown Alert - Let you know when an item like arcanite bar or Mooncloth's cooldown is over.
  • Frame Replacement - One large and lofty goal I have is to completely replace the TradeSkill and Craft Frames with larger versions that will allow me to display much more info in a cleaner way. I do also plan to continue to offer the non-replacement version for the minimalist in the crowd.
  • Queuing - Be able to queue up several crafts and it will let it work through them.
  • Recursive Digdown - Taking into account wether or not you can create a sub component in the columns.
  • Searching - Advanced searching to either only show or highlight items that meet certain criteria.
  • Sorting - Advanced Sorting to allow trades to be sorted by type of item, slot, color, difficulty, ect. Also to support custom groupings.
  • Stats - Optionally collect and display information about mats and items created.
  • Tooltip Info - I've had one user request that the tooltip displays 'hints' about where one might find an item. I'm not sure if this is really within the scope of this mod, but even if not I wonder if there isn't other info that could be displayed via tooltip or alike apparatus.
Well above you find a fairly complete roadmap of where I'm taking the development in the near future. Please give me feedback to refine these features as much as we can now so that I can release them as complete and user friendly as possible as soon as possible.

Thanks for the support,

Kael

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

Last edited by Kaelten : 07-16-05 at 12:37 AM.
07-29-05, 02:11 AM   #2
Shalkis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Kaelten
  • Adv Clicking - By this I mean things like control click and put into the chat box a list of all the mats and how many of them you may need.
  • Auto Sub Components - Automatic creation of sub components when you create a complex item.
  • Recursive Digdown - Taking into account wether or not you can create a sub component in the columns.
These features sound really neat for an engineer. IMHO, the adv clicking feature should treat vendor buyable and findable/harvestable items separately, even perhaps separating ingredients by profession. This way you could easily give a friend a list of items that you cannot gather yourself.
07-29-05, 11:08 AM   #3
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Item hints

Where you said

Tooltip Info - I've had one user request that the tooltip displays 'hints' about where one might find an item. I'm not sure if this is really within the scope of this mod, but even if not I wonder if there isn't other info that could be displayed via tooltip or alike apparatus.

Something like that is done with Fizzwidget's Adspace. This is only for vendor purchased items but quite helpful and a great money saver. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4075
08-08-05, 11:12 PM   #4
Shalkis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Queuing - Be able to queue up several crafts and it will let it work through them.
Gazmik's AutoCraft already does this.
Recursive Digdown - Taking into account wether or not you can create a sub component in the columns.
ReagentInfo has a similar feature which tells you whether the item in question can be used in any non-trivial recipes.
Tooltip Info - I've had one user request that the tooltip displays 'hints' about where one might find an item. I'm not sure if this is really within the scope of this mod, but even if not I wonder if there isn't other info that could be displayed via tooltip or alike apparatus.
Gazmik's AdSpace tells you where you can buy the specified item from a vendor, so you don't have to buy it from AH.

Although healthy competition is always good, I'd rather see some cooperation to make the ultimate tradeskill addon. Your addons currently co-exist peacefully, but I'm not sure what'll happen when you start to have overlapping features. Using both Auctioneer (only for the suggested price feature) and KC_Items is bad enough. Two additional tooltips can make the originally tiny tooltip quite large.
10-21-05, 09:36 AM   #5
dunnar
A Murloc Raider
Adv Clicking - By this I mean things like control click and put into the chat box a list of all the mats and how many of them you may need.
Omoda's ChatMats does this very well. Check it out. I love this feature.
10-21-05, 09:50 AM   #6
dunnar
A Murloc Raider
Kwinic's SellEnchant also has some really cool features for enchanters (reagent prices, sell prices w/ markup, etc.). I imagine that the reagent prices could come from KC_Items.
11-14-05, 05:19 AM   #7
ziggyke
About the que lineup for this add-on:

Maybe you can ask gazmik fizzwidget for using his code for that feature in your add-on.
Autocraft is the add-on from gazmik.
01-05-06, 09:17 AM   #8
Apate
An Aku'mai Servant

If KCET could handle some of the same features as AutoCraft, I'd get rid of fizzwidget's mod in a heartbeat. It drives me crazy that I can't move my castingbar because of his mod; it's right on top of my minimap. KCET is great stuff, though.
01-09-06, 09:11 AM   #9
Granon
A Murloc Raider
Feature Requests / Enhancements.

Feature Requests:

1. Rescaling the scroll bar for the number of items shown, deducting appropriately for hidden items.

2. Option to not hide trivial items that are components of a craft that is shown (unhidden).

3. Optimisation. Create a table of the crafts & possibles, etc. And update this table when the values may have changed, rather than calculating on the fly when scrolling through the list. When you re-open a craft window, in the default UI it remembers the last selected item. But if this isn't displayed, create all will only create 1. You have to find the item in the list box in order for the create all value to be calculated.
01-11-06, 05:44 AM   #10
nemo
A Kobold Labourer
Search
FilterTradeSkills includes a very nice searchfeature which helps alot managing your learned recipes. While FilterTradeSkills has partially broken with 1.8 the search feature is still working and it would be really nice to see it in KC_ET soon.
01-21-06, 04:02 PM   #11
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

[/b][/u] [*]Tooltip Info - I've had one user request that the tooltip displays 'hints' about where one might find an item. I'm not sure if this is really within the scope of this mod, but even if not I wonder if there isn't other info that could be displayed via tooltip or alike apparatus.
Gatherer is a very common mod especially for herbalists and miners. I don't know what it's database is like, but it stores locations of lots and lots of nodes. Perhaps you can link with it?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Roadmap for KC_EnhancedTrades