09-29-09, 12:07 AM   #21
Bobwich III
A Kobold Labourer
Ram is cheap as hell and will do you a lot more good than trying to explain your lopsided view to the poor people who have tried to help you.
09-29-09, 12:17 AM   #22
AyaJulia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I assure you, I'm not being hostile or abusive. I just came here looking for people to share their experiences about which addon is the least memory-intensive, and I'm getting a lot of negativity back about people who tell me no, I don't really need that feature that I want or no, I shouldn't be looking to trim my memory usage. It's frustrating, and I think given that I'm being a picture of patience and politeness, simply reinforcing what I'm asking about. Repeatedly. I'm sure the mods here are more than capable of letting me know if I've somehow gotten out of hand, but I think your perceptions are way, way off.

Regardless, this thread has derailed from actual information to what a terrible person I am for simply asking that people address my question instead of telling me that my parameters are moronic. I think I'll let this thread die and remember to find a different community in which to ask my questions in the future. Thanks VERY much to those who did post help!
09-29-09, 01:42 AM   #23
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe the main issue here is the 2 things your after are somewhat at odds with each other. To get a pricing history (even the average) means storing data which is where most (though certainly not all) auction addons get their huge memory from.

To my knowledge there is no particular addon that has just the one thing your after and all of them will eventually suffer from large memory usage. Of course data purges will solve that problem if you can afford to lose the information.

After having tried quite a few myself i can honestly say its just a matter of running some of them for a while (you can run several at once on say a bank alt with an addon to track memory usage) and do a personal comparison. I was looking to trim down from what auctioneer offered but by no means needed anything super light-weight and found auctionmaster to suit my personal needs.

I know its not a definitive answer. Its the best advice i can offer from my own personal experience.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-29-09, 11:41 AM   #24
Zirco
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just for the record:

Auctionator in no way attempts to determine a price for you. It merely displays a summary of all the current auctions and let's you select the one you want to undercut.

- Zirco

Last edited by Zirco : 09-29-09 at 11:45 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lightest auction mod?